Sleep (baby not you) :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Dhartanya
  • 1 Post By bug, boo, n boogers mom
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By taatie10
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By hilhillrn
  • 1 Post By Nervous Newbie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby?
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch?
How many times a night does your baby wake up?
Where does your baby sleep at night?
Where does your baby sleep for naps?
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc)
January 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
How old is your baby? 1 month old
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? 5/6 hours
How many times a night does your baby wake up? 2/3 times
Where does your baby sleep at night? Bassinet, and in bed beside me
Where does your baby sleep for naps? Swing, my chest, nursing pillow
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) nursing, rocking, baby wearing swinging in swing, a car drive always does it too.
gardenbelle likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your baby? almost 7 weeks
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? 5-6 hrs
How many times a night does your baby wake up? 1-2 possibly 3 times
Where does your baby sleep at night? in her pack n play by my bed
Where does your baby sleep for naps? Usually in her swing
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) Usually nursing or I wear her.
gardenbelle likes this.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

January 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
How old is your baby? 5 weeks
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? 7 hours
How many times a night does your baby wake up? Just once around 3 or 4
Where does your baby sleep at night? Crib in the nursery
Where does your baby sleep for naps? Caleb isn't much of a napper, he just takes little catnaps wherever- in my arms, in his bouncy seat, on his play mat, in the carrier, etc.
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) At night we have a routine- bath, bottle, book, and then I put him in his crib and he falls asleep without any fussing.
gardenbelle likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
How old is your baby? 5 Weeks
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? At night typical is 3 hours, longest is 4 hours. Of course during the day 4 hours can be easy
How many times a night does your baby wake up? 3-4;I'm still awake & feed her around 11-Midnight, then around 2-4, then 6-8. Then we're up for good between 9-11
Where does your baby sleep at night? Her crib; on bad night is she refuses to stay asleep in her crib its with us
Where does your baby sleep for naps? Swing, floor, bouncer. I'm trying to put her in her crib more, hoping it will help her know this is where she sleeps
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) It depends. During the night- rocking while I feed her; Rest of the time- when shes being held or in her swing or laying on the floor. Today she did put herself to sleep in her crib
gardenbelle likes this.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 15th, 2013, 08:58 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? 6 weeks
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? the longest was 5 hours, but that was over a week ago. Lately, it's 3 hours, booo.
How many times a night does your baby wake up? 3-4
Where does your baby sleep at night? He starts off in the swing for the first stretch and ends up in bed with me for the rest of the night.
Where does your baby sleep for naps? Swing, Moby wrap or sling, on the nursing pillow or in the co-sleeper basinet
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) All of the above to create lots of sleep associations.
hilhillrn likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby?
-- 5 weeks today
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch?
-- I honestly have no idea. We dont have a clock in the room and Im too lazy to grab my phone so I dont know! He sleeps in the bed with me so I just pop him on the boob whenever he wakes me up. I think its once or twice a night?
How many times a night does your baby wake up?
-- Dont know, once or twice
Where does your baby sleep at night?
-- Right next to me
Where does your baby sleep for naps?
-- In the swing or in the Moby. He's not a fan of sleeping by himself yet.
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc)
-- Nursing, Moby wrap, yoga ball, swing.... He seems to like movement right now...
gardenbelle likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

January 15th, 2013, 10:29 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I officially envy and am jealous of all of you who said baby goes 5-7 hours especially when your LO's are the same age or just a week or two older than Samantha.

All I can say is she better start going 5-6 hours soon because I cant do this every 3 hours once I go back to work.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taatie10 View Post
I officially envy and am jealous of all of you who said baby goes 5-7 hours especially when your LO's are the same age or just a week or two older than Samantha.

All I can say is she better start going 5-6 hours soon because I cant do this every 3 hours once I go back to work.
I am right there with you Katie. Emmett I think had a good 4 hour night once. Yeah once. The rest has been up every 2-3 hours. And I started back to work this week. My breakfast is Cheetos and Diet Coke. Good ole caffeine and carbs to keep me going.
taatie10 likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby?: 5 1/2 weeks

How long is his/her longest sleep stretch?: 7 hours!

How many times a night does your baby wake up?: Usually just once, maybe twice. Lately it's only been once though.

Where does your baby sleep at night?: In the bassinet right next to our bed (sometimes on my chest if I fall asleep during a nighttime feeding...)

Where does your baby sleep for naps?: I try to lay her down for her naps, usually in her bouncer or crib, or even on the floor when I make her a little mattress out of blankets. She loves to nap on our chests but dad's chest is more successful in that department because she gets very distracted by my boobs haha

How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc): She kinda just falls asleep whenever. Nothing is a sure way of getting her to sleep. Nursing can help sometimes, but other times she's wide awake the whole time. She's a good self soother so she has no problem falling asleep on her own.

January 16th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
How old is your baby? Two months.

How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? She slept for almost 8 hours one night last week. But normally between 4–6 hours once shes put down for the night.

How many times a night does your baby wake up? Usually twice depending on what time she fell asleep. Sometimes she doesnt go down until 11pm, and if thats the case she will most likely only wake up once, which will usually end up being around 5am.

Where does your baby sleep at night? Her crib.

Where does your baby sleep for naps? Right now the couch. I lay one of her blankets down and lay her on her side with her back right up against the back of the couch so she is nowhere near the edge, in case she were to roll over (she's still hasn't rolled over yet but better safe than sorry). I am waiting for MIL to help me move things to make room to set up her pack n play, I'm actually starting to get pissed cuz she is full of excuses. My expensive pack n play is sitting in the closet collecting dust. While she's constantly complaining about Aubree's things laying around the living room when I have her downstairs during the day. Well, if you would help me clear space to move things so I could set up the pack n play, then her diapers and wipes and sh*t wouldn't be on laying around, the pnp has a diaper holder and what not! (I have a feeling that a MIL rant will be posted to the group in the very near future, as she's REALLY been getting under my skin lol). She also falls asleep in her bouncer or swing sometimes.

How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) usually she falls asleep on my chest. More commonly she falls asleep while eating and then I move her to my chest to let her fall fully asleep, cuz if I don't, she will wake up as soon as I put her down. Or she falls asleep in her bouncer with the vibrate and music on, as I bounce her with my foot, or in the swing. Then I move her to her crib.

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; January 16th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
January 16th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How old is your baby? 5 weeks today
How long is his/her longest sleep stretch? Almost 6 hours last night!
How many times a night does your baby wake up? usually once, sometimes twice on good nights.
Where does your baby sleep at night? In the pack 'n play next to my side of the bed.
Where does your baby sleep for naps? In my arms/lap.
How does your baby fall asleep? (ie nursing, lullaby, rocking, baby wearing, alone, etc) Nursing/rocking

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search