Mommy Problem!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Okay I have a doctors appt tomorrow and gonna bring this up while there, but wondering if any of you could help me out.

I have been bleeding for 7 months.

At 6 weeks pp my post partum bleeding stopped. The day after it stopped I got on birth control pill (beginning of August). I started bleeding the day after I started the pill for 3 weeks straight. Had one week of irregular spotting. Then beginning of September I started the depo shot that you get every 3 months. Bled all through September october & November and never went and got my next shot in November because of the horrible side effects and non stop bleeding.

Now it's January and I'm STILL bleeding (no longer on birth control). It goes from dark brown blood for 2 weeks (enought to need a pad still) to bright red blood for almost 2 weeks and then dark spotting for a day or 2 and then starts all over again. Cramping on and off.

Can I still be bleeding from the depo shot or can you still have post partum bleeding this long? It makes me so mad I've been on a 7 month period! I just want it to stop. What should I do?
January 16th, 2013, 07:23 AM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
That definitely doesn't sound normal and i don't think it's post partum bleeding as you said you stopped bleeding that after 6 weeks. I don't have any answers though, bring it up to your dr for sure. Hope everything turns out okay! GL!

January 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow that sucks, I would totally be a real witch to deal with if I had a 7 month period, lol. Poor DH. I'm guessing it's your birth control messing with your system but something still doesn't add up. I woulda been back to my Dr like on month 2 or 3; so definately bring it up to your Dr ASAP & I really hope you can get your cycle straightened out soon.

January 16th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely bring it up. I wouldn't think a couple of months later that you would still be bleeding from the shot...it should be out of your system, I believe, after 3 months, which is why you get the shot every 3 months. You may want to try going back to the pill to regulate...regulation can take about one or two months with it though. There could be an underlying issue causing the bleeding though and your doc will likely want to check it out.

January 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Dang =\ I was hoping you guys would tell me it was normal. The closest OBGYN is an hour away so this is just my physician doctor I'm going to here in town. I really hope I can get some answers
January 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
As a mom whos been on the depo before I cant tell you its normal... when I was on depo I didnt bleed at all til I was due for my next shot (so no bleeding for 3 mths). my post pardum bleeding lasted longer with Raini (3 wks) than with my boys. And when I have AF I tend to bleed for almost 2 wks instead of my normal 3-4 days.

Is this your first child?

BTW, Welcome to the board!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lesha View Post
As a mom whos been on the depo before I cant tell you its normal... when I was on depo I didnt bleed at all til I was due for my next shot (so no bleeding for 3 mths). my post pardum bleeding lasted longer with Raini (3 wks) than with my boys. And when I have AF I tend to bleed for almost 2 wks instead of my normal 3-4 days.

Is this your first child?

BTW, Welcome to the board!!
Thank you! And yes my first child

I had went to my physician for persistent tailbone pain that won't go away and brought up the bleeding. I can't take it anymore! But he said he has no idea what to do about either problem and has reffered me to a obgyn. S I have that appt on Wednesday. I seriously can't take this anymore! Bleeding for 7 months long is making me a bit moody & agitated

So I'm wondering it getting on another birth control pill will regulate my cycle again. But every bc I've tried gives me extremely painful breakouts and migraines =\
January 18th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I hope you get some answers soon!

Me and birth control didnt work well. I was on the depo then a year after quiting was able to conceive my first son. 6 mths later I conceived my second son...(unplanned blessing...) I started taking seasonique the pill and within a few months I started having horrid cramps, some took my breath away. It got worse as time went on and after going to the dr twice being told I had a UTI, they finally did a cat scan and I had gallstones. My OB was certain it was the hormones in my BC that caused the gallstones. My son was born in March of 2008, in november of that year I had my gallbladder removed.

After that I refused to use any bc I didnt want to deal with any complications. my af came reguarly so I knew my schedule, ( I had charted before so I knew when I ovulated) I stayed on track for years, just so happen i wasnt paying attention and in nov of 2011 I concieved my daughter. I knew I was pg from the next day on even before af didn't show.

Basically what im saying is if your cycle is normal from month to month and if you dont know what it is, try charting it and you can go all natural at family planning, no need for bc.

January 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lesha View Post
I hope you get some answers soon!

Me and birth control didnt work well. I was on the depo then a year after quiting was able to conceive my first son. 6 mths later I conceived my second son...(unplanned blessing...) I started taking seasonique the pill and within a few months I started having horrid cramps, some took my breath away. It got worse as time went on and after going to the dr twice being told I had a UTI, they finally did a cat scan and I had gallstones. My OB was certain it was the hormones in my BC that caused the gallstones. My son was born in March of 2008, in november of that year I had my gallbladder removed.

After that I refused to use any bc I didnt want to deal with any complications. my af came reguarly so I knew my schedule, ( I had charted before so I knew when I ovulated) I stayed on track for years, just so happen i wasnt paying attention and in nov of 2011 I concieved my daughter. I knew I was pg from the next day on even before af didn't show.

Basically what im saying is if your cycle is normal from month to month and if you dont know what it is, try charting it and you can go all natural at family planning, no need for bc.
Yikes! I've tried maybe 4 different bc pills and the depo shot and they've all made me miserable as well. Not to your extreme though! Lol.
But does that really work? There's no chance of me getting pregnant outside of ovulation? (I thought there was always a chance). I'm pretty young, just 18 and never ever want another baby lol. Pregnancy and labor&delievery were traumatizing to me. I actually got pregnant on the bc pill. (Of course I would be one of the extremely small percentage -.- )
There are always condoms, but I've had a lot of problems with them. Every time I've used one I experience burning and irritation and end up having a UTI. Maybe it's the kind I've used? Haha any help on this would be great!
February 1st, 2013, 06:31 PM
he closest OBGYN is an hour away so this is just my physician doctor .

——————————————————
"I love uk erotic lingerie and feminine things. It makes me feel nice to look good and turn somebody on by doing so. " ~ Lorri Bagley
February 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureTcrazy View Post
he closest OBGYN is an hour away so this is just my physician doctor .

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
"I love uk erotic lingerie and feminine things. It makes me feel nice to look good and turn somebody on by doing so. " ~ Lorri Bagley
....?
February 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
It could be from switching BC.

February 4th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsMommyAlways View Post
Yikes! I've tried maybe 4 different bc pills and the depo shot and they've all made me miserable as well. Not to your extreme though! Lol.
But does that really work? There's no chance of me getting pregnant outside of ovulation? (I thought there was always a chance). I'm pretty young, just 18 and never ever want another baby lol. Pregnancy and labor&delievery were traumatizing to me. I actually got pregnant on the bc pill. (Of course I would be one of the extremely small percentage -.- )
There are always condoms, but I've had a lot of problems with them. Every time I've used one I experience burning and irritation and end up having a UTI. Maybe it's the kind I've used? Haha any help on this would be great!

Charting really does work, its called natural family planning with no pills, no bc, no condoms. It worked great for me, though like I said my cycle is very normal 28 days, always on track. What you need to do is chart for a few months and watch your pattern, then you will be able to figure out when you ovulate each month at least what week, so you could refrain from dtd on that week.

Here is a board on jm you can check out. Natural Family Planning and FAM - JustMommies Message Boards

also I used FertilityFriend.com to chart my cycle when trying to conceive my first son. Its a great help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search