crib sleeping

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Veteran
so ive been trying to get zaiden in his own bed. so far we finally figured out a way to get him to sleep in the crib. we tried the cry it out thing but that just wasnt for us it would take at the least an hour of him screaming and i couldnt hack that... so we have to let him cry it out for like ten minutes lay him down just sit next to the crib while he holds a finger and falls asleep... problem is in the middle of the night he wakes up more now and i end up just putting him back in bed with me... any suggestions?
January 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter will sometimes get up crying at night, but she's not really awake. I can lay her back down, and she is immediately asleep again. If you think maybe he's in pain, you could give him Tylenol. We are cutting teeth over here so Tylenol is our new best friend. A nurse told me once you could also give it to children as a sleep aid. I did it to my oldest last night because she's been staying up till 3. Figures school would be cancelled today!

But anyway, if immediately laying him down doesn't work, see if he's teething. When I was sleep training Alice, I would get up, lay her down, and pat her to sleep. It would be 14 times a night sometimes, but she got it within a week.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
January 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Veteran
hes not teething or in pain, he has just always fought sleep once he is asleep he is usually good and sleeps all night but since the crib got involved i feel like im up and down with a newborn lol... i think i just get to tired to constantly sit with him and pat his back until he fell back asleep but i need to not be lazy and just do it lol ill try that tonight and update

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search