Working moms who BF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LindsayGriff
  • 1 Post By Jamyandcrew

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How's it going for everyone? Are you getting behind on your stash while pumping at work, keeping up with baby, or still able to stock up for later.

I'm pumping 4 times a day. Keeping up with Nathaniel during the week with about 20-30oz extra to freeze, and freezing whatever I pump on Saturdays. It hasn't been too hard this time around. I really wish I had done this well with DS1.

January 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back next week, I suspect it will be fine. I've got a nice little freezer stash going, nothing insane, maybe 60oz or so? I respond well to the pump so I'm not worried about keeping up with baby. We've been practicing with the bottle almost every day so I'm hoping DH won't have any issues getting him to drink while I'm gone. We'll see!

baby Roger @ 7 months

January 17th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Super Mommy
I am actually taking a very laid back approach this time. I am going back to work on February 1st. I exclusively pump and I just began to space out my pumping sessions from once every 4hrs to my goal of once every 8 hours. My plan is to introduce more and more formula but keep the baby on breastmilk until at least winter is over so he is protected from cold and flu, especially that his sister goes to daycare and has sniffles all the time. The reason that I am spacing out the feedings is that I would not be able to keep up the 4 hour schedule with work (I will be working 45hr weeks the first two months - heavy season) and I know I'd just give up an ambitious plan like that so I'd rather scale back to as little pumping as possible without losing the supply and I know 8 hours is where I more less fall with that. I will pump in the morning, once at work and before bed.
January 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
LindsayGriff
My supply has actually increased since returning to work and pumping at work. Before I wasn't really pumping, was just nursing so now that I pump and drain the breasts each time, it has increased my supply. I am producing much more than baby can eat in a day and put away about 10-15oz a day in the freezer. I pump when I wake up, pump usually right before work, then at noon, 4, then nurse at home and pump before bed. I was running way late this morning and didn't have time to pump before work so I went from 6:30 to 1pm without pumping and then pumped 11 oz. I felt like I was going to explode and I don't think I even got it all because all day I felt super full, got another 5 1/2 oz at 5pm, then when I finally got home today at 7:30 (late day), DH had already fed Kaden so I finally pumped at 10:30 again and got another 10 oz. So in my 4 pumping sessions today I got 34 1/2 oz and then there is what I nursed in the middle of the night so definately getting more than he eats as he takes in about 4 oz every 3 hrs during the day and feeds only once after 8pm and before 7am.
I too find it so much easier this time and wish I would have done this well with DS1.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
January 28th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Jamyandcrew's Avatar Veteran
I am getting slightly more than hank eats she I'm gone. I get up at 5am, shower then feed him around 530am. drop him at the sitter at 7a, and pump on my way to work at 730a. depending on the day I will pump 3 or 4 Times while at work-- around 930, 1130, 130, 330 or 930, 1230, 230p. I will get 12-15 oz in 4-5 sessions and he will eat 3oz 3 Times per day. His last bottle is at 245pm, so he's nice and hungry at 5 when I get home. it is working out very well and I am able to add a little to my stash each day which is nice.
Hopolka likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I head back to work tomorrow evening (12 hr shift). I'm hoping to feed her just before heading to work and pump at least 3-4 times per shift. Then when I get home in the morning she should be good and hungry for her a.m. feeding between 7-8a. Then we can take a morning catnap together and I can feed her again around noon and then once again before heading to work. She takes a bottle well for DH so I'm sure she'll do fine taking at least 3 bottles while I'm away and then sleeping most of the other time since she is STTN. FX it works out and I'll have a little extra to stash away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search