Trying to not take it personally...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hilhillrn
  • 1 Post By Gripstress
  • 1 Post By Danielle226

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
Caleb was in quite the tizzy earlier and I just couldn't get him calmed down. I eventually put him in his crib for just a minute so I could go to the bathroom and refocus and then start trying to calm him again. Well go figure, but he instantly settled down and is now in their cooing, happy as a clam. I know he's just a baby, but I'm having a hard time not taking it personally. Why does my little guy like his bed more than he likes me? How come it could calm him down when I couldn't? Have any of your babies done something similar?
Due with #2 on July 10

January 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
chomsee
I've read that babies can get fussy from over stimulation as well
January 18th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Take it personally???

Girl, I'd be doing a happy dance if I put my child down after he was fussy and then he stopped!!! And then I'd go do a load of laundry, take a child to the potty, do some dishes, or clean up a mess somewhere!!!!
CrystalBlue likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

January 18th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
My last daughter Pascale was like that. We struggled for so long trying to get her to sleep in our bed and she was always upset. I could not figure out why. We started her in her crib at 6 months and she freakin loved it and slept through the night immediately. It made me really sad but it also made things MUCH easier in the long run. She's a loving girl and is very social with me and others so I think that was just her thing when she was younger. Try not to get to stressed just yet...he has a long time to prove his love of his mama and I'm sure he loves you very much
hilhillrn likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 18th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Don't take it personally, you know he loves his mama! It was probably just the change of position that made him feel better.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
I think he just really likes his crib. Bedtime is his favorite time of day. The last few nights when I've put him down for the night, when I go to check on him, he's been cooing and smiling and then eventually drifts off. I guess it's not a bad thing that he likes his crib. I think I was just a hormonal mess yesterday.
Due with #2 on July 10

January 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Samantha had had a few times when she rather lay on the floor than be held. Not often but it happens.

The last few days she fights going to sleep so I can do nothing but let put her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep. Hate it but nothing else works, she just cries. Not the same but just know its not personal.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Matthew is like that, always has been. He slept in his carseat the first weeks but after that the only place he would sleep is his crib. To this day, if he isn't in his own bed and in his own space he doesn't sleep nearly as well. He is also very much a kid that needs his space in all areas of his life. He's very social and all that, but sometimes he just goes into his room for an hour by himself and chills out. My older one was the complete opposite and slept with me until Frank came along. LOL. Don't take it personal, he loves you.

Daffney

January 18th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
I wish I had the same problem. Nathan doesn't care much for his crib. For the most part, he sleeps in the swing.

Katie, I frequently have the same problem with him not wanting to sleep. It's so frustrating when he's wide awake at 2am! It goes against all my mom instincts to let him cry it out, but sometimes there just isn't anything I can do for him. I have to sleep too sometime, and I can't bounce him around from 2-6am, which is how long he likes to stay awake. My husband is sometimes the voice of reason in these situations, though he tends to fuss at me when I run to every cry. He's not always crying for no reason!
taatie10 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search