Returning to work

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miss Kelly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 08:46 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I had a meeting with my office manager today and got the plan for returning to work.

I dont get to work from home for a few weeks then go back to work.
Person filling in for me doesnt want to work full time anymore because she is actually trying to retire. So starting Mon 28th I'll be working Mon & Tues at home for 4-6 hours, but then have to go into office all day Wed-Fri's. But I do get to do that till the beginning of March.
Not exactly what I had thought it would be but it might work out better.
I'm not sure how on earth I will ever be able to leave Samantha for those 3 days a week.
Not to mention we dont know who will watch her. Thought we had a few more weeks until we needed to worry about that.
My dad offered to try to watch her if we need. I know DH would rather not family watch her. Also he's not sure how my dad would deal with Samantha's fussiness and fighting sleeping but if it comes down to it atleast we have something for the time being.
More than anything in the world I want to stay home with her but its just not an option because of the health insurance I envy you guys that can soooo much.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
January 19th, 2013, 12:38 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
I went back wednsday and it sucks, I was suppose to only be doing weekends but bc of short staff that had to wait, no sleep.at night plus 8 hours of wrk then all the vrap I do at home is no bueno! Good luck on,ur return back

January 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww yeah I can't imagine having to leave Sophia with a stranger right now, but that's great you'll be able to have two days/week home with her. Good luck on your daycare search!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

January 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I go back on Tuesday full time, I'm not looking forward to it at all. I don't want to leave my baby

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks good luck on your search.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

January 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree with envy towards all the people who can be a SAHM! So not fair. I am really getting anxious about going back to work! Trying to not only juggle work and baby but having to leave her.

I just don't know how I'll get up at 4am...
taatie10 likes this.

January 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Kelly if your los like mine she will allready be up lol I dnt even use a alarm clock

January 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you hugs, Katie! I'm sorry you have to return to work when your heart isn't in it. I hate medical insurance issues - we pay an arm and a leg for the crappiest medical insurance so I feel for you.

January 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're not liking the idea of going back to work. I worked fulltime with my first and hated it. Being a SAHM is no walk in the park, though, believe me. Being a mom is just hard, period! Is it because the insurance is through your work that you have to go back? And why would you not prefer family watch her?

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

January 20th, 2013, 10:01 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Yep, its the health insurance that is the main reason I have to go back. My income is nice but its not vital to us. During the winter when DH's work is slow it makes it so its not real tight.

I'm not sure why DH rather not have family watch her I would much rather as long as its my family. I wouldnt trust his family to But my dad is the only one who doesnt work and even my dad said "he'd try".

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search