weird pumping problem

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Super Mommy
I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem - one of my breasts is significantly more difficult to get milk out of while pumping. Here is more info:

- never had this happen with my older child and I also exclusively pumped
- I did have some blocked ducts a few weeks ago due to my sleeping positions but the blockages and the pain seem to have gone away
- if I heavily massage the breast, I get almost as much as from the good breast but if I don't, I will end up getting one ounce and the breast will remain hard. The other breast needs no stimulation to produce 5 oz in 10 min

Any ideas on what could this be?

Thanks!

Natalia
January 20th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is the same way. No idea why but I've heard it's common.

January 20th, 2013, 05:36 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Have you experimented with different sized flanges no that side? That can sometimes help. Good luck!

January 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine are the same way It is normal!

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

January 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Super Mommy
I have something similar...I can nurse for hours on the left but can't pump more than an ounce to save my life even with a fully engorged breast, but on the right I can nurse her and then pump 3 ounces no problem...its crazy.
January 23rd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm the same way but it switches breasts all the time. One day the right side will be a pain in the butt and the next day it will be the left side. I can never just sit there without doing some major massaging. Right now it's really bad since I'm back to work and wearing normal bras again (as opposed to the sleep bra I live in at home. They are causing me all manor of issues with milk getting clogged up and not coming out. I take Lecithin to help with the problem, but I still have to use compression on the outside of my breasts to get the milk to come out. So frustrating!

January 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I have the same issue with my right breast. I haven't experienced the clogged ducts it just plain won't have letdown like my left. With some encouragement and massaging it'll produce 3oz max but my left could pump 5oz in 5min in the time it takes me to get 3oz in 10min on the right. Maybe it the anatomy? Not as many ducts on that side? No clue. I ordered smaller flanges to see if that'll help. Especially because I'll be heading back to work and eventually be strictly pumping. We'll see..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search