Still not STTN

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JJsMommyAlways

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
JJ is over 7 months old and still not sleeping through the night. He still wakes up anywhere from 3-5 times a night (between 9pm & 8am)

He always wants a bottle. He gets solids during the day at breakfast lunch and dinner. I tried feeding him cereal right before bed and he wakes up with bad tummy aches & still wakes up multiple times. I've tried rocking him back to sleep, rubbing his tummy when he starts crying, and even let him cry to see if he will go back to sleep on his own. He just gets hysterical. Nothing works. I've tried a white noise machine, that didnt work either.

He just wants a bottle. He stopped taking a binky at 3 months. He's over 20lbs if that matters for anything.

Am i the only one still going through this?
The Lesha likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 09:49 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NOT alone! my 7 month old (8mos on Thurs) still wakes up A LOT at night. He's cosleeping w/ me b/c it's easier for me to feed him that way. there are nights he wakes every 30mins! He won't take a pacifier.....during the day he sucks his fingers, but he won't suck them to fall asleep. He doesn't like to eat food, so basically he just drinks milk day/night. I think he's using my boob as his paci. My DD2 did the same thing and she started STTN in her crib at 9mos. I'm hoping Chris will do the same in a month or 2. We'll see.

Good luck!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
January 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Not alone!!! McKinley used to be a fabulous sleeper as soon as I brought her home as a newborn! And then ever since 3 1/2 months she has been waking every 2 hours during the night. She just turned 7 months last Friday. She eats solids 3x a day sometimes 2x a day. I've tried holding out her evening cat nap and still nothing works. She only eats 2-3 Oz per feeding. A tiny eater so I am wondering if that is why she is waking up all the time at night. Her pediatrician wasn't concerned and said she will eventually sleep through the night. So it's just a waiting game on when that will be.

January 21st, 2013, 10:22 AM
Oh good I'm not the only one! My ped said the same thing , some babies just take longer. But everyone I talked to said by 6 months their babies slept through the night.
JJ eats 7 ounce bottles, and it seems more frequent at night then during the day.

Occasionally, when I let him sleep with us in the bed he doesn't wake up as much. But in his crib it's every couple hours. Ugh! Ready to he able to sttn myself! Lol
January 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not alone!! Everything was great till 4 months. He was sleeping for 8 hours! Now he is up mostly 2 times per night, sometimes more and rarely less. I am blaming teeth. I have also recently read an article about 7 months olds where they did a study and learned that when babies become mobile, between 6 - 8 months of age, their brain develops a lot, this age is full of uncertainness due to learning to move and it leads them to wake up more at night. True or not, but it seems to be our case.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
January 21st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not alone. Z is up to nurse throughout the night. My first two didn't STTN without eating until they were 16 months.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 21st, 2013, 08:15 PM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
Nicholas usually gets up around 2 to eat. Rarely will we get a solid stretch. He just got his first tooth, and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. He's still in our room, too. Gosh I remember staying home from work and sleeping until 11 am when I was pregnant with him. Le sigh. It's not forever!
January 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
JJ has his 2 bottom teeth now, so I don't know if it's from teething. And 16 months?! I hope he's not like that =\
January 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
McKinley got her 2 bottom the week before Christmas and she started sleeping horribly in September so it's definitely not teeth for us. I just remember the days of being pregnant and sleeping all day lol!! One day one day!

January 22nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bennett used to sleep great,would go to bed at 6pm wake up around 1am then sleep till 7am,now hes up multiple times a night,wanting a bottle.he only takes 4 ounces at a time during the day,and hes usually to busy to sit still for bottles now,so i think hes trying to catch up at night.he eats 3 meals a day too,so i dont know how he is so hungry

January 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We waiver. Some nights she will go from 8 to 5, some she will go down at 8, wake between 12 and 2 and have a bottle, then again at 4. I just want consistency

She eats 2x a day, takes 6 oz bottles and she just got her first tooth. She had been teething for 3 months though. Getting their teeth doesn't mean they were only teething for a day or two, that can last for months, so McKinley could have been teething in September and her teeth just took a while to break through - maybe you will see a change for the better soon

Yes, when they hit milestones, they can go backwards in the sleep dept, my DD1 didn't do that, so I am not used to this...yawn!

January 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just saw this quote......
Getting your baby to sleep through the night is a worthy goal, but it's not a measure of your parenting skills.

I know us Moms are always so hard on ourselves for everything, but this is good to keep in mind

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
January 22nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
jill sleeps through the night but my older daughter was up every 2 hrs at night till she was almost 2. its different with every child.
January 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Wow, more people than I thought!!

Does there ever become a time when they don't really need the bottle at night so you have to toughen it out and get them used to no nightly bottles?? The way that JJ always wakes up the same time every night for a bottle kinda makes me think he got himself in a routine and isn't really hungry..but then again I could be wrong, so I've always caved and just gave him one.
January 23rd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
I found this at iVillage.com about 33 week old babies & thought it might be somewhat helpful:

Believe it or not, your baby is now capable of sleeping 12 straight hours at night. Note: We said, "capable!" The problem is that all babies cycle through periods of deep and light sleep at night. When your little one wakes up, all alone in a dark, quiet room, his first instinct is to call out to you. And if you go to him every time, he's got little reason to stop. See where this is going?

Some parents decide to let their babies cry-it-out; while other parents believe that responding to their children's cries increases trust. We're not going to tell you how to handle your baby's midnight calls for company, but we will tell you this: Your baby no longer needs middle-of-the-night nourishment.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
My baby definitely needs her night feedings. I try everything I can without picking her up to put her back to sleep but sometimes she just needs to eat to go back to sleep. Though she is only eating 2-3 oz occasionally 4oz during the day so I have a feeling for at least my LO she isn't ready for cutting out night feedings. I think once she's on table foods if she isn't sttn ill start cutting them out.

I try and just think this is only going to last a little longer lol.

One day we will all be sleeping through the night! Can't wait haha

January 23rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Raini gets up around 2 still, I tell dh its cuz thats when he comes home from work and she wants to see him SHHHHHHHHHHH do not ruin it!

She's got tons of teeth coming in though, so she's been fussy at night not to mention we have sinus infection shes on breathing treatments and just cant seem to knock it.

but really its cuz she loves dh and knows hes home.. SHHHHHh

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search