Home from 2 month appointment and p***ed off!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By mollymalone

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stats first: Ellie is 9lbs 13oz (27th percentile) and 22 3/4 in (50th percentile).

Now rant: The doctor is on maternity leave, so we've been seeing the PA, who did not impress me on our last visit. Today, I'm convinced she's an imbecile. There were several issues that just made me roll my eyes, but then, as I was packing up to leave, it hit the fan.

I had declined 3 vaccines, Hep B, HIB, and rotovirus. She said that was fine, and that the nurses would be in to give the others in a minute. Well the nurses came in and gave her 3 shots and left. Then, as I was comforting Ellie and getting her set to go home, the PA came back in to inform me that "the nurses already had everything set out and must not have seen her notes. Your baby got everything except the rotovirus." WHAT THE H*LL????????????????????? She went on to laugh and say, "It was just a simple mistake. Luckily it wasn't anything that will hurt her." ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????????????????

I spent months reading and deciding which, if any, vaccines my baby would get, and you just totally took away my parental choice! Yes, I know she'll probably be ok, but I didn't want that much stuff injected in my child at one time, and some I felt were pointless anyway.

I WILL be filing a complaint. I'd have done it right then but I was so angry, I was bawling my eyes out, and just wanted out of there. I don't think this would've happened if the Dr had been there. I mean, for Pete's sake, make sure the nurses are aware that your patient is declining certain shots!!!

Argh! I can't even express how mad I am. DH says we are finding a new Dr after this. So I guess I'm on the hunt for a pro parents choice on vaccinations doctor before her 4 month. Shame, because that's why we chose the doctor we chose in the first place, but this idiot PA has soured me on the whole office.

January 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I would be so PISSED!! I hope you threw a fit. I doubt you would want to mess with it but you could probably easily find a lawyer who would love to take that case (but then again they always make you sign stuff to cover their butts). They did something to your daughter that you did not give them permission to do, it doesn't matter that it was an "accident". But yea you have every right to be mad, I'm mad just reading about it
Jamyandcrew and SarahxSyanide like this.

January 21st, 2013, 03:24 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I would be pissed and file a formal complaint. Possibly get legal action taken. That is severely dangerous as well as negligence. God forbid she was allergic to something in those shots. Please take all action that you can. She could lose her license over that.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
January 21st, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't gotten vaccines in a long time but when we did I always had to sign on a paper beside each vaccine giving consent for them to be given. The older ones have had vaccines in several different places and it was always like that. I would be SO MAD, especially since she acted like it was no big deal. I would make a complaint and I would refuse to ever see her again. I'd also have a good talk with your regular doc about the PA when she is back. There is no excuse for that. I'm sure the nurse was just following her regular routine but really she should have made sure the consents were signed for the vaccines before she gave them. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
January 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Did you file a complaint? What happened?

January 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am mailing a written complaint tomorrow, and DH wants to call himself (which is fine by me). Then, I am going in this week to sign a records release and am transferring to a new Ped.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search