Latest Milestones?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mollymalone
  • 1 Post By MoonMom
  • 1 Post By mrs.wagner.10
  • 1 Post By *Izzy's*Mommy*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So what is baby doing now? Holding head up, rolling over, smiling, STTN, laughing etc??? Cam just started really laughing good about a week ago. I keep trying to get it on video, but only get a few giggles on tape. Seeing them laugh has got to be one of my favorite baby firsts. Love it!

January 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie's one of the younger babies in the PR, but she's getting good at holding her head up , and she's talking up a storm! We have some serious conversations, especially in the mornings. This week, we were out with my parents... DH and I were in the back seat with the car seat in the middle of us. We were talking to Ellie & she chuckled for the first time! Unfortunately, the new sound coming from her startled her, and she immediately started crying! She hasn't LOL'd since!
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Annalise is holding her head up really well but also I think loves tummy time more than most babes. She's also carrying on convos with her toys which is hilarious to watch. I wonder what she's telling them...

Been STTN for at least 4-5 days now but hasn't laughed laughed yet. We might get a gasp of air which is kind of like her laughter but no belly giggles yet. I can't wait though!
January 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Frankie is getting pretty good at holding his head up, he talks all the time, its really easy to get him to smile, he doesn't belly laugh yet but I've gotten a few little chuckles, he rolled a few times at 2 weeks but not again since.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
Arianna is holding her head up and starred sttn last week. She smiles all the time but no laugh yet...her new thing is if I hold her under the armpits she will jump
January 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far she can hold her head up (mostly), sleeps through the night, smiles, "talks," and has laughed once (but I missed it).

January 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
What is sttn?

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

January 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sttn = sleep through the night... I WISH!!

Roger just sort of "woke up" a few days ago and is much more responsive to us and seems to have more interest in stuff around him. He especially loves to watch his older brother. And if we work at it we can get him to smile and coo at us. It's so cute, I love him!
Glycerin19 likes this.

baby Roger @ 7 months

January 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Oh, I never can answer the sleeping through the night question. I mean, does it count if they wake up only for a few seconds to alert me that they need to nurse again and then we are all back to sleep? Or does it only count when they don't wake to nurse at all? Because if it's the second one, mine don't sleep through the night for years. Either way, I'm sleeping great

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

January 23rd, 2013, 01:31 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cole Laughs, holds his head up, rolls over front to back and back to front. He is STTN and he is smiling. He is trying to learn to sit up i will have him proped up on a pillow and I will catch him trying to lift his upper body off the pillow to sit.
Hopolka likes this.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
January 23rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He doesn't laugh yet, but tries. Kind of makes a sucking in, high pitched sound and I can tell he's trying. He rolls once in a while. Hold his head really well. I wish he was sttn! He's a big talker and a big smiler, it's sooo easy to get him to smile at us and coo. Our daughter wasn't like that at all until she was at least 3/4 months.
Hopolka likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Madisyn has been smiling a ton and will talk and smile at her toys. She's been holding up her head pretty well for awhile now at 10 weeks, probably due to the fact that she's always liked being held in an upright position on my chest and would lift her head since birth. No laughing out loud yet but I can tell it's getting there, she's getting much noiser when she smiles now. No rolling over yet, although she's rolled on her side since bringing her home. What would you consider sleeping through the night? most nights she wakes up around 3 or 4, eats and goes right back to sleep. Then she'll wake up around 7:30ish..... and usually go back to sleep until around 9 ish...
January 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I'm assuming STTN would probably be at least 6 hours of solid sleep. Because I would consider Annalise STTN and sometimes I'll hear her stir, give her paci back and then she's out till 5:30/6am for her next feeding. All depends on when she finally goes down.
January 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know a lot of people consider STTN to be 6 hours of solid sleep but my personal idea of STTN involves going to bed at the normal hour and waking up at a reasonable time for children. For us that's asleep by 10/11 and waking later than 6am. Sean had done this a handful of times.

Ean used to love tummy time but hates it lately. He's so strong, though. He's getting animated and giggles while awake. He recently started splashing in the tub.

January 25th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heloise is sleeping through the night (8 to 8), she smiles a lot and "talks". She also is grabbing her toys now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search