Am I Crazy?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PaxtonsMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
......For wanting another baby/wanting to be pregnant again?!

I really enjoyed being pregnant & I miss the newborn stage, it all seemed to have went by so fast. DH & I have talked about having another baby but nothing really serious. Of course friends & relatives ask us if we will have another one. Is anyone else going through this? For the BTDT mommies do you think this is just a phase? Am I being selfish? I absolutely love my little man Evan; granted things are sometimes rough. Would I be taking something away from him by getting pregnant again so soon? Anyone with experience in this area (closely spaced siblings)? I'm an only child so I'm completely clueless in this department. I'm just really confused right now on what I really want to do & what's best for my family.....

January 23rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
I definitely want another baby and miss being pregnant and all that stuff. Unfortunately I'm a single mama and its obviously not in the cards to get pregnant.
My older brother and I are 21 months apart. It's nice.
And my friends kids her 2 oldest are very close, she got pregnant when her first was 9 months. At first she was freaking out about how close they are together but they are now 9 and 8 and are so close and best of friends.

If you start trying again, say it takes 2-3 cycles to get pg that's about a 1 1/2 year-2 year difference depending on how long it takes.

Not being selfish in my opinion. It'll be harder having them so close together when they are so young but definitely not selfish.

I am glad to be waiting for my next one though. It'll be fun when McKinley is older and then going all the way back to the baby stage after its been awhile. It'll be nice. Though it would have been nice to give her a sibling close on age but I don't think that'll happen.

January 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a FTM, but from what our mommies with more than one say, it's like your love expands - it doesn't run out or fall more on one or the other baby

You're not crazy! Every time Pax looks at me, smiles, and goes "HA HA HA!" I want to squeeze him and have 14 more!!

January 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not selfish at all! If that is what you want, go for it

Obviously, a closer age space will be a little harder, because you will essentially have 2 "babies", but it can be done. Mine are 3 years apart and that was perfect for me, because DD1 was potty trained and semi-independent. However, I know people who LOVE having their kids closer in age and wouldn't have it any other way. It's a comfort thing for you and what you want.

January 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree with Cary. It would be tough w/ 2 close in age, but if it's what you want to do, go for it. people do it all the time

I love that my 3 kids are spaced a little further apart -- 2.5 yrs....and then 3 yrs btw the youngest two kids.

I LOVE being pregnant, so I totally miss being pg....however, there's NO WAY I could handle another baby right now.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
January 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i dont think your being selfish. i really want another baby right now too but dh thinks im crazy! my older daughter was 5.5 when i had jill and it is a nice age gap cause she helps out a lot and it was very easy to adjust to but i dont want to wait that long again. dh is 35 and im 26, my body does not like pregnancy and this time was a lot harder than when i had ali.
January 23rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are not crazy or selfish. Being pregnant is a beautiful thing, having a new born is even better. I wanted to be pregnant again soon after my first son. We had our second son quite early - 22 months apart. For me second pregnancy was not as joyful as the first one. There is no more time for being tired and relaxing, because you have to chase your baby around. My pregnancies always include a bed rest at 30 some weeks.. this was also tough. And it is true, love grows, it doubles!!!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
January 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i totally want another too,i miss my little newborn,but its def not going to happen anytime soon for us,i dont think i could have 2 really close in age

January 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
I want another too and did too after having Victoria... Hence the age gap was only 17.5months apart when initially we said we'll see after she's 1.. I was pregnant luckily on the first NTNP cycle at her being only 9 months... It's crazy since I'm soon approaching that with Hayden.. But we really will only discuss it once Hayden turns 1

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

January 24th, 2013, 06:20 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
After my first, I wasn't thinking about having another soon after, not at all, but God had other plans. I got pg with Mason when Stone was 6 mths old. They are 14 mths apart. It was a complete surprise! A blessing none the less and I wouldnt change it for the world! I had doubts as most do and I had fears... but when I held Mason in my arms and STone got up in the bed beside me and patted his head, all that went away.

Though 2 days into being home Stone asked if we could take Mason back to the hospital cuz he was too loud.....

Raini was a surprise too and such a wonderful surprise! She completed our family. I would love to have another and Ill miss it alot, but my body cant handle any more Im focusing now on raising the three beautiful children that god has blessed me with and if he chooses to bless me again (after having a tubal) Id be shocked and scared but Id welcome him/her with open arms.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search