Cloth Diaper Check-In

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 2 Post By Dhartanya
  • 2 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By May14th2011
  • 2 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By Dhartanya
  • 1 Post By Gripstress
  • 2 Post By Crystallee
  • 1 Post By Marie.sThrees
  • 2 Post By nina9809
  • 2 Post By Gripstress
  • 4 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
For you CDing mama's!

What brand/ type are you using?

What is your washing routine?

How is it going?

Share a pic of your LO in fluff!
Marie.sThrees likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I love my Kissaluvs, but I also have GMD prefolds, bamboozles fitted, two types of Kawaii and some newly bought Sandys fitted.

What is your washing routine? Rinse in our bathroom, hot wash with Rockin Green, dry on low

How is it going? Pretty good, I love it! Can't what for her to fit the bigger diapers better.

In her huge bamboozles lol
Marie.sThrees and Gripstress like this.

Last edited by Dhartanya; January 24th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
January 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
What brand/ type are you using? Mostly Flips with the stay dry insert. I have a few g-diapers too.

What is your washing routine? Every other day I pre-wash cold, then wash hot with All Free and Clear. Tumble dry.

How is it going? Great! Much easier than I expected. I love how much money we're saving!

Share a pic of your LO in fluff! doing his wake up stretch, lol
January 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
The Truth is out There
What brand/ type are you using? Thirsties covers with Indian prefolds

What is your washing routine? I wash every day, hot, with All free and Clear

How is it going? Good! I'm glad I went with the big size of diaper instead of Newborn prefolds, because wets through the few newborn size diapers we have, almost instantly.

Share a pic of your LO in fluff! I will have to find one
Gripstress likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What brand/ type are you using? All kinds but mostly BG and Kawaii

What is your washing routine? Prewash, a heavy duty wash on hot with All Free and Clear and then two rinses

How is it going? Just fine

Share a pic of your LO in fluff! I don't have any with James, oh wait, I think I do! Here he is in some fitted diapers when he was two weeks:
January 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
What brand/ type are you using? All kinds but mostly BG and Kawaii

What is your washing routine? Prewash, a heavy duty wash on hot with All Free and Clear and then two rinses

How is it going? Just fine

Share a pic of your LO in fluff! I don't have any with James, oh wait, I think I do! Here he is in some fitted diapers when he was two weeks:
Kawaii is having a sale right now.

January 24th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Newborn GMD prefolds & some converted small Imagine prefolds-fitteds for night w/ xs Thirsties covers

Prerinse cold, hot wash w/ Tide, 2nd rinse, tumble dry

How is it going?
Excellent...we love em!

Daddy diaper duty after a bath:

Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I have happy heiny's kissaluvz aio, fuzzibunz, bumgenius, rumparooz, swaddlebees, and I think that is it maybe... I dunno my brain is failing me.

I just toss them in with purex free and clear. Hot wash, cold rinse. Second rinse then dry on medium or low. I rinse super bad poopy dipes ahead of time.

How is it going?
Good. Have had some leaks when she holds her pee and super soaks but besides that it is great. Cloth wipes are easier than I thought.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
January 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Veteran
What brand/ type are you using? Unbleached indian prefolds, NB size ~ Osocozy stay dry prefolds infant size (the BEST!) ~ GMD NB prefolds ~ Thirsties XS and One size covers, Weehuggers size 1
He's also fit into some of big brothers diapers; OS Happy Heinys and OS Fuzzi Bunz

What is your washing routine? Every other day, cold rinse ~ hot wash ~ 2x cold rinse. Air dry covers and dry prefolds on low.

How is it going? Great! Even easier than I expected. I wish I would have cloth diapered DS2 from the start.

Here he is in a Bummis Whisper wrap NB size. He's kinda outgrown it now, but more importantly, not a fan of these so it's retired!
Gripstress likes this.
January 29th, 2013, 12:15 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First I want to share how happy I am that there are so many ladies in here CDing!! It fills me with joy (odd I know)!!

What brand/ type are you using? GMD Prefolds, Bummis covers and Imse Vimse Covers. We just moved onto the Small size after being in the NB size for the first 8 weeks.

What is your washing routine? It was every other day when I was on the NB size as I had less of them and he was pooping far more than he is now. Now I can go a few days! I wash twice on a long cold extra rinse wash. I wish I only had to do it once, but I've noticed that once just isn't enough and I don't want to wash on hot as I don't want to wash the stains in. After this I dry the diapers on warm but take the covers out and do not dry them.

How is it going? Great! I really couldn't be happier. Each time I do laundry I am so happy that I haven't added that much to a landfill!!

This was when he was brand new and he was getting ready for his first shower!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
January 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I am filled with the same joy, Nina hehe It makes me quite happy to see how many of us are doing cloth and even liking it! Wish I'd done it with my other kids.
Marie.sThrees and Dhartanya like this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
chomsee
Mine are going to be delivered in a few hours just finishing our battle with thrush before we start them
January 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What brand/ type are you using? Mostly Fuzzibunz, but a few stragglers including thirsties and about 8 blueberries. I also have G diapers for laundry day backup, but so far I haven't had to crack into those.

What is your washing routine? Okay, don't hate me, but my mom is washing them for me. This was her baby gift to me. 6 Months worth of CD laundry. However...SHE is doing the normal routine, with Charlie's Soap, and I bring her a load about every other day.

How is it going? GREAT! (Well, I mean, how could it be otherwise when one doesn't have to do their own CD laundry, right?) I too love the fact that I'm not spending money on disposables, and that I'm saving all of that landfill space. And really, they're super easy to use. I'm finding that I love the snaps versus the velcro, surprisingly. I feel like I can get a better fit that way.

Share a pic of your LO in fluff! I'll have to take one tomorrow and amend my post.
January 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
That's super nice of your mom What a creative gift and God could we all use a laundry service right about now
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 31st, 2013, 04:48 AM
I'm preferring the snaps over the velcro too. Even though I always attach the velcro to the laundry tabs, they still stick to everything in the laundry and get yucky
January 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
That's super nice of your mom What a creative gift and God could we all use a laundry service right about now
I know, I'm super spoiled. I mean really, this is my second kid; my mom didn't have to do anything. No one had to buy anything. Totally one of the advantages (and believe me...their are major disadvantages as well) of living next to one's parents. It makes this situation entirely doable. Which is nice since a laundry service, living where I live, is decidedly NOT an option. Plus, I don't think that laundry services will take the AIO's or pockets, will they? I thought they just did the standard prefold. (Again, what do I know about laundry services, though?)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search