I don't know how I'm going to go back to work...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BrooklynBump
  • 1 Post By Elevin26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I see that several of you are starting to go back and I just don't know how you are doing it. I've never felt this before about going back to work. Even leaving her to go to the store or get my hair done has been hard, I don't know how I'm going to do 13 hours. God bless you ladies, I am dreading this.

Daffney

January 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Me too Daffney. I work the long shifts too and I start back in a week and a half. I have yet to leave her and have only even left the house with her about 10 or so times. I'm not ready! I'm not sure how the others are doing it already. Bless you indeed.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 27th, 2013, 04:42 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
. I wish you ladies didn't have to.

January 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
Yeah I can't imagine how hard that must be for you ladies.
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

January 27th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry ladies hope work time flies by for you

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

January 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry ladies! I wish you didnt have to either!!

January 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine. Ugh, it must be so hard. Strong ladies!

January 27th, 2013, 10:15 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm right there with you I only have to do 9 hours but I have no idea how I'm going to make it.
I've never been away from her for more than an hour and that was way back at a week old for a quick trip to the store. Ever since I've just taken her everywhere with me.
Its so much harder too since were still searching for child care. At this point I hope to convince DH to let my dad watch her instead of finding someone else. It would make it much easier on me

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

January 28th, 2013, 06:05 AM
No longer one and done
Im with you - I dont have to go back til April but Im already dreading it.

The weird part is that I don't really want to be a SAHM either. ( I mean, if I were rich then yes I would be but I'm not )I know going back to work is the right thing for all of us. Essentially I want my cake and I want to eat it too.
taatie10 and Gripstress like this.

January 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Elevin26's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been back at work 2 weeks now and yeah it sucks. I have pictures of him everywhere though (on my desktop background, all on my desk, my phone, I even put one up by reception so I can see him when I go up there lol) Just feel like I am missing so much, but it makes the coming home part so much fun! Especially now that he is getting a little older. Last week when I came home DH had him and he was fussing, but I went over to him and started talking to him and he calmed down and started waving his arms and legs while I washed my hands. And I swear when DH handed him to me I got this smile from him and he just looked at me, it was the best feeling ever! The whole absence makes the heart grow fonder I always thought of for couples, now I understand it on a whole new level.
Gripstress likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I don't want to do the stay at home thing either. I really like my job, and I know it will get easier after the first couple shifts but I suspect I'm going to bawl my way through my first 12 hours.

Daffney

January 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Also not wanting to SAH. I'm just not good at it. I'm great with the kids but hate the housework SO much. I definitely want my cake and eat it too. I guess I just wish I could stay home another 2-4 months and then not have such long shifts and strings of shifts too. It's gonna be tough!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

January 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I so feel this. I'm going back in a week and a half too. And if I'm honest with myself, I think that I'm a better mother as a working mother. So while I'm going to be really sad, I think for me it's more of a "OMG where does the time go? I'm going to blink my eyes and my kids are going to be grown" moment. Of course, I'm also BTDT, so I'm already comfortable with my daycare, and on Mondays and Fridays (daycare days), I can BF on my lunch break, so I'll see both kiddos then. On Tuesdays and THursdays my mom will watch them, and of course, Wednesdays are just for us.

Nevertheless, now that I'm down to only a week and a half (or less, technically), I'm starting to sweat for sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search