Feeding ur munchkin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
List of foods LO has tried: LIKES, LOVES, DISLIKES

Anyone not try any foods yet? If so what is baby getting? Just formula or breastmilk?

Anyone try just blending ur own meals and feeding ur LO? If so which meals have they tried?

How often do they get food in a day?
Do they get any snacks? What kind?

January 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
I make all of McKinley's food. I puree with the Baby Bullet veggies, fruit and meals.

LOVES/LIKES
Sweet Potatoes
Squash
Sweet Peas
Spinach
Broccoli
Bananas
Apples
Mangos
Blueberries
Pears
Potatoes
Oatmeal
Egg Yolks
Refried Beans
Spanish Rice (plain no spices)
Corn
BlueBerry Muffins
Turkey
Pork Chops
Spaghetti
Chicken Pot Pie
Potato Leak Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
Macaroni and Cheese
Cheese Ravioli

DISLIKES- Wont eat this plain so I try and mix with other foods.
Green Beans
Avocado

How often do they get food in a day? 2-3 times a day. Depends on her mood lol.
Do they get any snacks? What kind? Yes. I give her snacks after she completes a meal, Mum Mums, Lil' Crunchies. Yogurt Melts. She's not a fan of the puffs yet.

January 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy

Too many to list - He's tried just about every flavor of Stage 1 & 2 baby food & some 2 1/2's. He likes pretty much everything.

Anyone try just blending ur own meals and feeding ur LO? If so which meals have they tried? I give him little "tastes" of stuff once in a while - he got ice cream last night & loved it!

How often do they get food in a day? 3-5 jars per day + about 25oz formula - he's an eater! lol
Do they get any snacks? What kind? I tried Waffle Wheels & Yogurt Drops - he's not ready for either yet - no teeth - Mommy about had a heart attack.

January 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha

Loves
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots
Bananas
Peaches
Mango

Dislikes
Green beans
peas
Applesauce
squash

Anyone try just blending ur own meals and feeding ur LO? If so which meals have they tried?

She had four teeth now, and has eaten real food, she hates baby good green beans but will eat real green beans with no added spices. She will also eat peas and carrots (baby carrots boiled, perfect size to hold and soft enough to eat!)

I attempt to feed her food 3 times a day, sometimes she wont have it and just wants milk. She always takes a fruit at breakfest, a stage 2 jar, any leftover is used to make biter biscuits.

lunch is a veggie stage 2. left over goes into the biscuit batter.

Dinner I try to make something with our meal that she'll eat like my boys love green beans, me and dh dont, so if I make some, Raini gets a few to eat as well. She loves fresh green beans and wont touch the jarred!

as for the biscuit batter, its the days left over baby food, with some baby cereal and a lil whole wheat flour and water. mix it up til its cake batter like, put it in a ziplock bag, cut the tip off and pipe it onto a cookie sheet in long biscuits (like the shape of a store bought biter biscuit) then cook it at 350 til they get hard. These are her fav snacks and a great way to use leftover food and the baby cereal she refuses to eat.

She's had cheetos, LOVES. we've tried store bought biter biscuits but she prefers the ones I make. She loves ritz crackers and recently weve tried the arrowroot cookies which she will sometimes eat but sometimes she throws them at the dogs.... lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loves:
Vegetables - green beans, peas, vegetable blends, chicken/noodle
Dislikes:
Pretty much all fruit LOL

DH thought it would be a good idea to give Pax a hunk of carne asada and that kind of ended my fear of giving him meat LOL - he loved it. He'll grab anything we have and take some - sushi, steak, french fries...if it's mine, it has to be his.

How often do they get food in a day? He is only getting food 1x a day if that - totally satisfied with bots at the moment.

Do they get any snacks? What kind? He'll have a mum mum or an arrowroot cookie from time to time.

January 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Ethan has tried every baby food on the shelf and loves it all!

I gave him green beans yesterday and he seemed to like them. He also got a bite of peach cobbler and liked it too.

He gets some fruit in the morning, mixed with cereal. and 4 oz of formula Then those tubs of baby meals like chicken noodle at lunch with 4 oz of formula, and right before bedtime, he gets a jar of veggies with 6 oz of formula.

I sometimes get the baby peach cobbler or vanilla pudding with bananas and give to him for a snack. He also really likes the little rice cakes. With his snack I usually give him baby juice.
January 31st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOVES:
Sweet potato, green beans, peas, pears, chicken dumpling soup broth (and the carrots out of it)
LIKES: carrots, apples, chicken and veggies, avocado, peaches, split pea soup
DISLIKES: squash, the dumpling out of the dumpling soup...lol

Not blending, if I am eating soup, I give her a taste of the broth or softened veggies.

How often do they get food in a day? She gets "lunch" and "dinner"

Do they get any snacks? What kind? Very rarely we will give her a yogurt bite broken into pieces...she is still learning the chewing concept, so I'm not pushing it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search