Cloth diapers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Who's using them?

I have never used them before, but I am seriously thinking about it. Raini has a rash that dr scripts isnt getting rid of even after switching diaper brands as recommended by her pedi. I know nothing about cloth diapers and would love any info on the subject, including where you purchase your diapers from.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use them most of ours come from Nicki's Diapers. I love them. We use best bottom covers and predold inserts. Everyone likes something different though. I suggest you buy a few and see what works best for you. All In ones are easy because they are just like a disposable but I don't feel like I can get them clean. Pockets drive me batty because I hate stuffing an insert in them. Other people don't like covers and inserts.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah a friend of mine is going to send me a few so I dont have to go out and purchase them then not like them, im too poor to do that...

I dont know if I like the idea of stuffing pockets, what are prefold inserts, how does that work? like I said.. I know nothing... aside that I can buy cute covers (which is what im most excited about...)

January 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never tried the all in ones (AIO), we use mostly pockets and prefolds (PF) with covers. The PF are basically cotton cloth that you can trifold and just lay inside the cover or use a snappy to keep together and then use a cover over it. I have also used a couple of fitted with covers and like those as well. I agree though each Momma has their own likes and dislikes, and what works for one may not work for another, I suggest trying a couple different kind out to see what works best for you and your LO. Also check out the CD form on here they helped me out when i started.

January 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Do you ladies have pics of your lo's wearing them, with and without a cover? I would love to see them! I didnt even think about going to the CD board..duuuuuuuuuuh lol

I attempted to make one!........it was too small... fit on tinky winky the teletubbie..

Then I made another one... and put the elastic on the wrong side... and made the flaps too short.....*sigh*

I cant sew for nothing so this is a grand accomplishment, I am quite proud of my work and I am learning so much... I will try again, I will get this!

February 4th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from WAAAY back when... I haven't been very active since my girly was born last June. I just started CD'ing about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I thought I would do disposables when we are out-and-about, but I like the cloth so much I try to keep it on her all day .

I'm using Flip covers with my own DIY inserts. I also have two CoCaLo Perfect Bum diapers that are super cute, but they're pretty expensive. They were on sale AND bogo at BRU, or I wouldn't have even thought about buying them.

I have friends who swear by pocket diapers, and my SIL loves the new(er) BumGenius Elementals, but since I'm doing it for the cost savings, I'm all about covers + prefolds or inserts .
April 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Thank you ladies for all your info!

I have been using AIOs, pockets and fitted with covers. Her rash disappeared after a week of use. I put a sposie on her and bam there it is again. Cloth it is.

Im still doing my research and plan to hit up our CD board. Im having issues with nighttime she is a heavy wetter.

any ideas?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search