Been Away for so long!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By -Brandy-
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 11:26 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies-

I am sure you all thought I forgot about you... I didn't and think about you all very often!

I am so sorry I haven't signed into JM since Juliet was born (big thank you to Kim BabyLove23 for checking on us!)- life got so hectic once she got here with the big move, a sick dog, and my grandmother died- not to mention the constant parade of visitors at the new house. So let me bring you up to speed on me and then I will start crusing the messages to get up to speed on all of you.

I was induced on November 17th (even though my due date was Nov. 19) as there was no signs of impending labor, I was extremely swollen and just done! Juliet Annelynn arrived on November 18th at 9:06 am and is a healthy little lady (I will post a birth story with all of the details). My grandma has been battling Alzheimers for several years and passed in her sleep on November 26th, having never met her newest great grandbaby . We closed on our new home on November 27th and immediately began cleaning/moving stuff. Grandma's funeral was scheduled for Dec. 1 (to allow family the ability to get into town) which was also our moving day. My dh and his friends began moving everything from storage the night before and finished the day of the funeral- my dh barely made it to the funeral after dropping off the truck. In addition to moving Friday night I blew out a tire on the way back to my in laws to sleep Friday night resulting in me just breaking down and losing it---the stress had got to me. So on top of moving the next morning, dh was running my car to the shop to get a new tire, etc. My sister was in town for the funeral, which was a blessing as she got to meet Juliet when she was only 1-2 weeks old instead of her meeting her the first time when she came in for Christmas and Juliet was 1 month old- I like to think Grandma had something to do with that Next my boxer had repeated seizures that Friday night, while DH was on the way to pick up my mom 2 hours away as I needed help with the Juliet/settling into house/recovery and he had to be back at work. We ended up in the emergency animal clinic with Grace (boxer) requiring meds to stop seizures and an overnight stay. She is now on Phenobarb 2 times daily for life.

Throughout all of this I was attempting to breastfeed, due to the constant visitors (builder and contractors) and no privacy I was pumping and feeding her breastmilk plus supplementing with formula as the dr's were on me about her weight- she wasn't losing but wasn't gaining either. Needless to say I was stressed out and as I was pumping exclusively my supply was impacted---coupled with the fact that when I would need to pump someone was in my house and didn't have privacy to pump so I wasn't pumping as often as I needed to. It got to a point that I was supplementing half or more each feeding so it was also hard to breastfeed and not know how much more I needed to supplement. This went on until she was 1 month old, I finally cracked and just gave up. While this isn't what I wanted to do, I think it was what was best for both of us at the time given the situations.

Ok this is super long, and a big gold star to any one who read this...now to work on the birth story. Below is a pic of Juliet from yesterday- 10 weeks old and she loves her tongue!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

January 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Veteran
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for your loss plus all of this extra stress. Big hugs!

Congratulations on Juliet! She is adorable! I'm hoping she's been able to take your mind off of some of your recent stresses.

I hear ya with the breastfeeding.. we had a ton of trouble too & it was to the point where I was resenting it. I switched to formula at 6 weeks & it's been so much better (along with a much happier baby). Remember.. Happy momma = happy baby!
January 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I was wondering what happened to you! Sorry about all the stress you've had to deal with., So sorry for your loss.

Congrats on your baby girl, she's adorable.

I understand breastfeeding problems, I've been struggling with it. Frankie is getting half breastmilk and half formula at feedings.

January 30th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hi Brandy!!! Life has been super busy/crazy here too. So sorry about your Grandmother.

January 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've sure been through a lot lately. I hope things are going better now. Juliet is gorgeous!!

January 30th, 2013, 08:43 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to "see" you again, Brandy!! I hope things are settling down for you. We had breastfeeding problems too... made it 6 weeks.

Juliet is a cutie! Love that tongue!

January 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the support ladies. Things seem to have slowed down some now other than the 3 college classes I am taking. I am down to my final 7 classes for my bachelors and will graduate in June. It may have taken me a long time to get to this point but I will have my degree prior to my 30th b-day in July!
mollymalone likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Welcome back! I have been wondering where you went and hoping everything was okay. I'm glad to see you back here, we missed you.
-Brandy- likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Birth story is finally up!!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post27034400

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search