DITLO: Mary (gardenbelle)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 12 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By jamiemama90
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S
  • 1 Post By May14th2011
  • 2 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By mlc52811
  • 1 Post By BrooklynBump
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By daffneyc
  • 1 Post By bug, boo, n boogers mom
  • 1 Post By burnbot
  • 1 Post By hilhillrn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry this is belated! My DITLO was last week and I chose Thursday as my day. I finally got it typed up last night. I'm really happy that we are doing this because every year or so, I do a "Slice of Life" for my photobook in which I recount everything that happens in the day to give me an idea of how my life was at that particular time in my life.

7:05am: I day starts as I realize that Jamie is not going to go back to sleep. It's been a long night of many wakings and John left for work too early for me to feel good about tagging him in to take care of Jamie in the wee hours of the morning. So I scurry into the shower before Jack and Penny wake up (at 7:15 when their toddle clock lets them know they can get out of bed). Jamie is surprisingly happy in the bouncy seat as I scramble to wash quickly. I'm out of the shower and dressed by the time Jack and Penny wake up and we all go downstairs together.
We open the new honey that John picked up and Penny gets her honey milk on honey toast. Jack, as usual, doesn't feel like eating until a little later - he ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk today. We move to the sofa to watch some Doc McStuffins.
7:30: Jamie has his breakfast while Penny eats hers and I catch up on my email, the JM group and Facebook.

8:15 - 8:45: I make lunch for everyone. Since it's Thursday, Penny and I need a lunch as well since her parent participation preschool isn't over until 12:00 and her ballet class begins at 1:00pm. Jack's lunch is a ham sandwich, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, yogurt and some chocolate milk I put into one of the Medela breast milk storage containers.
Penny's lunch is a PB&J, a hardboiled egg and some fruit and cheese.
My lunch? Sigh. My lunch is a bunch of baby field greens, Dijon mustard and a slice of Swiss cheese wrapped in a fiber wrap. Much get this pregnancy weight off.

8:45: I let Smokey outside and go check on the chickens and quail. They are both out of water so I fill their water up quickly as I have to get everyone loaded in the car to drive Jack to school. He is the star of the week and today is the day I bring his poster into class along with his favorite toy (iPad) and his favorite book. (Transformers).

9:00: Madness/mayhem. The kids got into their human body model and have thrown the rubber intestines onto the ceiling where they stuck. While I am getting it down, Penny is finally changing into her clothes for the day (probably the first of many changes) while Jack works to smash cars into her feet. After some agitated direction from me, we are dressed and into the car for school.

9:20: We finally arrive at Jack's preschool 5 minutes late. Jack is so proud of his poster and immediately begins to show his friends the photos of him holding a spider and the one of the monkey sitting on his head (oh, the important things to 4 year olds). Here he is with his teachers.

9:30: Penny does her regular run up and down the path leading to the parking lot ("Mommy, watch how fast me run!"). This photo is from another day, but trust me; it's the same thing every day and makes me smile each time.

10:00: We arrive at Penny's parent participation class and thankfully, James is down for another nap after having another nursing session. Today Penny plays with puzzles and with the play food while I talk about preschool options with the other moms and nannies.

12:00: Her preschool is over and we go outside to have our picnic. Since her ballet class is also in the same building and in only an hour, we have our picnic on the picnic benches outside. Penny drops half her egg and we have a 5 minute discussion about why the 5 second rule does not apply to moist foods like eggs. She finally decides that it's probably best to throw it away. Jamie has been fussing for the past 30 minutes or so and has not been happy in the ring sling, in the car seat or in my arms so I finally decided to lie him down on his back on his changing mat. Instantly he is happy and smiling up a storm. I guess he just needed to stretch his back a little.

1:00: Princess ballet begins! Penny's friend Kaia did not show up today, so she is not as into the class as much as she usually is.

1:30: She decides that her ballet class is actually gym class.

2:00: Penny's class ended at 1:45 and as I was driving home, Penny started to fade though James was not happy about being in the car and was screaming at the top of his lungs. I drove home and saw that John's car was in the driveway so I called him to come meet me in the garage and take James. Once I made the handoff, I drove around the neighborhood until my little ballerina fell asleep in her seat. I pull into the garage and turn of the engine, leave the car doors open and tip toe into the house.

I pump (4 oz) from my new double pump. This is where I do my pumping (in the sitting area of our bedroom).

At 3:00. I go out to the car to pick up Jack. Penny wakes up on the way there but Jack pleads to stay longer since he is having so much fun so I tell him we'll be back in an hour. I am craving roasted beets, so we stop at the store before heading home. Jack senior is supposed to come over for dinner and we are planning on a meal of grilled wild caught shrimp and a beet salad.

Penny has an accident after we get home because she couldn't get her leotard off quick enough, so she takes a "nakey bath" in the kitchen sink while I get dinner ready. He gets a text that Jack cannot make it for dinner, more beets for me.

After dinner, the kids get a desert of Jack's creation: cut up strawberries with applesauce poured on top and a bowl of vanilla yogurt to dip it into. After desert, they watch an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirated and come upstairs for their bath.

7:45: After bathing, they get their PJs on (always a struggle with Penny and the kids go into out bedroom for "tickle time" (which is more like 'let's attack daddy', the poor guy).
8:00: After tickle time, the kids head into the bathroom and we brush our teetth. James has discovered how cool the ceiling fan is to stare at, so he stays in the kis' room on Jack's bed.

After teeth brushing, the kids go to the bathroom and weigh themselves. Jack is so happy because the scale shows 50 lbs tonight and Penny weighed in at 27.5 lbs. They love to see themselves grow.
8:10: Next comes storytime which tonight was a princess book and a library book about a donkey who turned into a rock and then comes their nightly tuck in. James is not cooperating, so John walks him around the house while he screams.
8:20: I asked the kids the usual questions before bed: 1. What was your favorite part of the day 2. What was your hardest part of the day and what we are doing tomorrow? Jack is really nervous about snakes and wants to talk about his fear that snakes are in the house, particularly his closet. I assure him that there are no snakes and if any tried to get into the house at night, the alarm would go off and the police would come. He laughed at that and I told him the snakes would bounce out of the house when they heard the siren.
8:35pm: Once they are both tucked in, we turn on the noise machine and I say goodnight, John takes over staying with them in their room until they go to sleep and I take over Jamie.
9:15pm: James is finally happily nursing on the boppy and I am watching an episode from Downton Abbey's season 2 on DVD. John is downstairs now and we both breathe a sigh of relief that all the kids seem to be happy and sleepy.
10:30pm: I head upstairs to go to bed. John has my pumped milk, so hopefully he'll be able to keep James at bay for a little while so that I can get some good uninterrupted sleep.
Whew! That was some work but I'm so glad I did it and now have a "Slice of Life" from when Jamie was a newborn. If you got through it as well, we all deserve a prize.

Last edited by gardenbelle; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
February 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
That was awesome!
gardenbelle likes this.
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3

February 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Thanks for sharing your day! Your kiddos are too cute! I love your sitting area in your room. And question for you - what kind of back seat mirror is that? I'm having a hard time finding one that will work with our backseat.
gardenbelle likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

February 3rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
The Truth is out There
Love it! Thanks for sharing
gardenbelle likes this.

February 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are such a good mommy, Mary. Thank you for sharing!
gardenbelle and mlc52811 like this.
February 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm glad this DITLO gave me the needed nudge to do my slice of life day. It's been a while since I've done one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Thanks for sharing your day! Your kiddos are too cute! I love your sitting area in your room. And question for you - what kind of back seat mirror is that? I'm having a hard time finding one that will work with our backseat.
Thanks Cassie! You know, I go it at a second hand sale for $1 but I will check the brand when I go to out to the garage tomorrow.
February 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
loved it!
gardenbelle likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 10:22 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Im tired just reading that but I love it. Thanks for sharing. Your babies are all beautiful.
gardenbelle likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful! That's the kind of busy, kid-filled day that I look forward to as a SAHM!
gardenbelle likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was awesome Mary!!! Thanks for sharing with us~!
gardenbelle likes this.

Daffney

February 5th, 2013, 07:00 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loved looking at all the pics!!
gardenbelle likes this.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

February 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You really have your hands full huh?!?! Loved seeing the pics, especially Penny at ballet and Jack with his teachers!
gardenbelle likes this.

February 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds similar to our days, only no preschool here, just lots of park days, haha.

Thanks for sharing!
gardenbelle likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

February 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm loving my crazy busy life right now; so much fun.
Cassie, sorry it took me so long - the mirror is made by brica.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search