PP Anxiety

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety these last two months since Norah's birth. I tried to work through it as best I could and then brought it up to my midwife at my 6 week checkup. We decided that it would be best if I talked to someone about how I am feeling and if needed, get help through medication. Today was my first session with the therapist and she gave me some things to work on and tips on how to help myself when I get overwhelmed. It got so bad at one point, that I ended up in the ER because I felt so scared. The fear and worry is about my health and also about Norah's, though we are both o.k. My midwife thinks because of my hemorrhaging scare that I am still dealing with that mentally. I didn't realize how close I got to dying until recently. So, I'm mentioning it because I'm curious if anyone else has been dealing with anxiety and wondering what they are doing to work through it.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not experiencing anything this time around, but after DS1 I did have some moderate postpartum depression. I decided to try talk therapy before resorting to medication, and my therapist ended up being SO helpful. I saw her once a week for a couple months and I found that having someone to unload on really helped. HUGS! It's not easy dealing with PP emotions, I hope you are back to yourself soon.

baby Roger @ 7 months

February 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
No anxiety, but I am dealing with a mild-moderate case of PPD. I just went with the medication. I'm not a huge fan of therapy. I hope it works for you though!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

February 9th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Veteran
I've suffered with anxiety/panic attacks since I was in high school. My biggest symptoms have always been heart palpitations and shortness of breath which has lead to numbness in my habnds and feet if it escalates. I have noticed that since having Arianna mine have been much more frequent (I also had a fairly traumatic delivery) especially when she gets upset and is hard to console. For the most part I deal with them by talking a walk (weather permitting) or taking a hot shower. The best thing for me to deal with it is to remember to breath normally.
February 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Stopping in from the Dec 12 playroom.
I'm suffering from PP Anxiety, since about a week after my LO arrived.
Some days it's bad, other days is just a nuisance.
I've been keeping active, and sucking back the fish oils and doing EFT (google emotional freedom technique)... Ad slowly its getting better.

Hoping you find some relief soon. If you ever need to talk, I'm a pm away.

February 10th, 2013, 01:54 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
I had severe postpartum depression.everything went along with it..anxiety..anger..sadness..I even ended up in the ER. I wouldn't drink or eat..wouldn't take care of my baby. When I ended up in the ER my blood was dry and they had a hard time taking my blood. I then went on medication and I am a lot better now..still have some anxiety. But hey I'm a new mom, of course new moms would have some natural anxiety . But I wish you luck and hope that things get better for you very soon! Just know that soon you will be more happier because I've been in a similar situation and I'm A LOT better now Good luck!

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

February 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
(((Hugs))) Sarah! I think it is great that you are seeing a therapist and taking care of yourself.

February 13th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Thanks for the support and insights! This week has been better. I'm learning how to recognize what is anxiety and what is a real "thing" going on in my body. I've had the heart palpitations, and the shortness of breath, some numbness, and all kinds of weird aches and pains as I worry that each little thing is the beginning of some major illness. Most of that has been manageable this week though. I hope that means things are getting better, but I've read that I'll likely have ups and downs. I really like this therapist though, so I think I've made the right decision so far.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search