Baby poop

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Veteran
Just wondering often your LO poops? For the first 6 weeks Madisyn was pooping a few times a day and it was VERY runny, but since around 8 weeks she poops only every few days. Sometimes every 3 days or so... I'm also not sure how much breast milk she is getting, She gets BM and formula (I attempt to nurse her in the day before a bottle of formula, and then nurse her during her night feedings), and she gets a tiny bit of breast milk mixed with formula during the day from what I'm able to pump. She sometimes has seedy poops and sometimes not. Just wondering if formula fed babies ever have seedy poop? Just want to make sure she's getting some breastmilk from the feedings and my efforts aren't fruitless....
February 10th, 2013, 02:10 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
Yes my daughter had seedy poop in the beginning. Now she just has non-seedy poop. (my daughter is FF since birth)

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

February 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cam is only on breastmilk and her poo really isn't seedy anymore. It's just mustard looking runny poo. Sometimes it's more yellow and other times it's more greenish yellow. Always icky. She averages 1 - 2 dirty diapers a day.

February 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Norah wouldn't poop at all her first week... Then she would only poop at night and only about every four days. Those nights were usually exhausting because she would poop for hours getting it all out. LOL Then she got a cold and everything got weird. She's still kind of recovering from her cold, but she's pooping daily now, and randomly during the day and night. Some of her poo is seedy and some is just the runny yellow/green. I think the green is when I eat a lot of dairy. She's exclusively BF.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 14th, 2013, 06:56 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie wouldn't poop at all in the beginning. The doctor had us rectally stimulate her twice, and both times almost 3 full diapers worth came out! When she started pooping on her own, it was once a day, green and with the consistency of toothpaste. Now that she's been exclusively formula fed for several weeks, she's pooing 1-2 times a day, and it's really runny and yellow.

February 14th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
Ellie wouldn't poop at all in the beginning. The doctor had us rectally stimulate her twice, and both times almost 3 full diapers worth came out! When she started pooping on her own, it was once a day, green and with the consistency of toothpaste. Now that she's been exclusively formula fed for several weeks, she's pooing 1-2 times a day, and it's really runny and yellow.
The same thing happened to Akadia. She wouldn't go at all when she was born. They finally had to give her a suppository and she finally pooped all this black junk. She has always had a lot of trouble with constipation though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search