diaper cream

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when do you use it? to prevent rash or only if you notice that baby is red? do you use baby powder?

February 10th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
Since Nathan had diaper rash within his first week (even though I always changed him right away) and has had it again, I like to put A&D ointment on at diaper changes. I like it because it keeps the poop from sticking. For when he actually has diaper rash I prefer maximum strength Desitin. I've tried the Butt Paste too, but the Desitin stays on better. And no powder. It's not recommended because baby might inhale it.

February 10th, 2013, 06:31 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have desitin rapid relief, butt paste, and CJ's diaper ointment. I don't use any of them much anymore, but desitin works best in my opinion to clear up diaper rash. I like butt paste for overnight barrier cream and the CJ's is all natural and I feel good about lathering her up when I need to. I do use baby powder, but I use cornstarch based powder. It's the talc powders you wanna avoid, and I'm very careful to only let it sprinkle on her diaper parts

February 10th, 2013, 06:56 PM
chomsee
I've used my placenta salve a few times here and there when his bums been a bit red. other than that I don't think we've encountered a diaper rash.
February 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
The Truth is out There
I got some butt paste the other day when she was red and it cleared up after just one application, so that currently has my vote. I tried a sample of Destin that we got with some baby shampoo and it didn't seem to help. Maybe it was an old sample or something.

Ha- totally forgot to answer the main question. I only use it when needed, particularly since I'm CD'ing, but also because I figure that if she doesn't need it, why use it. If she was prone to rashes, I would use it all the time.

Last edited by May14th2011; February 10th, 2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Had a brain fart..
February 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I use A&D when needed, and it works well. We use cloth, so I don't use it very often.
February 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I got Desitin at my baby shower but I've never had to use anything yet. FX it stays that way!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

February 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i put desiten on as needed. i dont think it works great but i got it at my shower so im using it first and i do sometimes put powder in graysons diaper because that boy is like a fountain so he is almost always wet.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

February 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I use Butt Paste since when she did have a rash, the max strength Desitin wasn't helping at all. I only use it as needed, like if I see any redness down there. I don't do anything to prevent other than making sure she's dry down there before putting a new diaper on. It is working. She's only had a rash twice and both were within the first couple of weeks.
February 11th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Angel Momma Butt Balm and Grovia Butt stick.
I put a little butt stick on every change. This gal can pee even with frequent butt changes.
I'm gonna make my own once this stuff runs out, with coconut oil, Shea butter and some other good stuff.

February 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Veteran
I love Northern Essence salve. It works wonders! I order it online.
February 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I use Desitin whenever I notice she is getting red.
Which has only been a few times.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
February 12th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the replies ladies! I have been using Desitin on Zoey at almost every change. I feel like she starts to get red as soon as I think I am safe not to use it so I have been keeping it on her to prevent the redness. I don't know why she seems to get red all the time. I change her a million times!

February 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
What kind of diapers are you using? Some babies are really sensitive and will get a diaper rash with certain brands.
February 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Normally, I use huggies but someone got me a box of pampers as a gift so I have been trying to use those up before I open a new box. Maybe I will try switching back to see if it's the diapers. Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search