Sneaky Mommy Tips

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By chomsee
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By jamiemama90
  • 2 Post By LindseyF
  • 1 Post By Blcooper32
  • 1 Post By May14th2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucy’s concerns about NIP reminded me of a fun tip that I have for nursing while out shopping.* This (along with the thread the other day about grocery shopping with baby) made me realize that you all may have fun tips of your own to share! So let’s share them here. They don’t need to be about BF – they can be about anything you’ve discovered which has made your life somewhat easier as a parent to a baby. For instance an item, or a technique or like my tip, a place you might not think about to use while nursing or changing a baby.

Whatcha got, ladies?

*(Take the kid into an empty changing room with you, Lucy! I’ve done this dozens of times when my babes decided to lose their crap in the middle of our big box grocery store.)
chomsee and gardenbelle like this.
February 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM
chomsee
I've done that! I'm also not shy about bf in public either. If my babies hungry, he's gonna eat and I won't go into a bathroom to do it or feel ashamed/embarrassed.

I co-sleep with my little one and I have a storage organizer at the bottom of his little bed in our bed and it has diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, etc everything I could possibly need so I don't have to get up to grab anything. Definitely am thriving on sleep over here!
gardenbelle likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I've discovered that the best way to get LO to not spit out medicine (mainly gripe water), is by getting him to suck on his pacifier while I'm giving it. I'll get him to suck on it, quickly take it out, squirt the medicine in, and then put the pacifier back in.

I have not tried this yet, but a friend told me yesterday that when baby just won't stop crying, turn on a space heater and put them in front of it (obviously not too hot), and it calms them right down. Her photographer did that to calm her baby down and she's been using it ever since.
gardenbelle likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 03:45 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a daddy tip: When mommy isn't around, dip the binky into gripe water when baby is upset and baby will take the binky like it's a boob (or so my husband says).
Mommy tip: If you are planning on making your own baby food, buy some of the winter squash in the next month or two and puree/freeze it for the Summer when our babies are starting solids and butternut squash/etc isn't in season.
MarlowesMum likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
Something I learned that I didn't know was that using gripe water when you have thrush makes it worse...along with any other sugar.

A tip I use is to put the radio on a static channel in the car to put them to sleep. Turn it up LOUD.
LindseyF likes this.
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3

February 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
jamiemama90, maybe that'll keep this lil girl from screaming during car rides! Huh!

My tip's not good till they're about 8+ months, but boy did it work wonders. My son was quite fussy & clingy well into his first year, so once he was STTN & in his crib (9m), I'd sneak in once he was asleep & put a toy in each corner of his crib. When he first awoke, he'd play with them for a good 30-60 min, which was the ONLY time he was content playing by himself! I literally did this every night for over a year!
** Tay ** and chomsee like this.
February 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When i give the twins Medicine i put it in a nipple witha small amount of gripe water then use my finger to keep them from sucking air at the end. They never loose any of the needed meds
May14th2011 likes this.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

February 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we don't use the actual crib for awhile, I attached our musical mobile to the changing table. TOTALLY keeps that kid distracted for diaper changes, which she needs when those wipes are particularly cold.
February 13th, 2013, 11:07 PM
The Truth is out There
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcooper32 View Post
When i give the twins Medicine i put it in a nipple witha small amount of gripe water then use my finger to keep them from sucking air at the end. They never loose any of the needed meds
I totally started doing this the other day. SO much easier!
Blcooper32 likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wish i would have thought about it with dd. But at least i have it for having two at once

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search