Mommy Buns of Steel! ;)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Ok, so whose exercising regularly? What's your routine - gym, home, ???

I was big into fitness before having Akadia. Used to go to weekend fitness camps in the Summer and all kinds of stuff and had a whole gym set up in my basement. You can now tell the age of the gym equipment by the layers of dust and drying laundry (bench press makes a great dryer rack). After having Cam though, I decided I have got to get back into it so I signed up with a gym. I liked working out at home but with the 2 kids, it just isn't going to happen once I get home at night. And you know where will freeze over before I get up any earlier than I already am. So for me, I'm doing 3 days a week 1/2 cardio 1/2 weights, hitting upper twice and lower once. I wish I had some workout buddies in my area!

February 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I had all these intentions of going to the gym 2-3 times a week and doing some free weights and abs at home in combination. Well...with recent events with hubby and our vehicle I've been totally side tracked. I also cannot keep up on my house and that has deterred me from "me" time. I should really get back into the swing of things but I'm trying to figure out the financial and home issues first. :/
February 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I haven't quite figured out how to fit exercise into my daily routine yet. I've been trying to go to yoga since 6 weeks pp and haven't manage to make it once yet lol

February 13th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I really want to exercise because I know it will help me feel better, but the PP anxiety can totally knock out my ability to function some days. I get my butt in gear about once a week. Baby steps I guess.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to use the elliptical a few times a week. Some weeks I do better than others.

February 14th, 2013, 08:25 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
Once we finally move to TX and my SO gets a job where he gets paid more and works less. I'll finally be able to work and go to the 24 hour gym down there with my SO while his mom watches Bella.

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

February 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Veteran
I'm still haven't fit exercise into the routine since she's been born. I did even while i was pregnant with her, at least walking everyday at work with co-workers and on the eliptical when i came home... But now I can't seem to fit it in, can't even keep up with the house and i don't even go back to work until tuesday... I'm hoping i can get more of a routine and workout schedule soon, Madisyn is able to enterain herself a little longer than before now, and hopefully DH will be off of 12's... With DH working 12 hour shifts and barely ever being home it's hard to fit anything in. I pump when she's sleeping and try to get housework done then, and maybe a few crunches on the floor and that's about it. Need to loose this extra weight!
February 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 in the mornings (tuesdays & thursdays & saturdays) at my gym and every other week or so it works out for DH to come home early enough for me to make it to zumba in the evening. I also have some dancing games on the wii

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search