Too much on my plate..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By melaniek85
  • 1 Post By rhill4455
  • 1 Post By JNIEVES
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By -Brandy-

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe its the winter blues catching up with me or the fact that my husband's car just blew up and we have to purchase a new one. Whatever it is I just feel like I can never catch up on housework, sleep, or any other duty/chore.

Please tell me I'm not alone?...

And for those who do feel caught up, what are some tips to help manage it all?
February 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm right there with you. I feel like I can never catch up with anything. I'm always behind and when I try to clean the house, I can only get so far and then it just gets to be a mess again. I just want everything clean at once!

February 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm not really feeling that way. I sleep 8 hours a night, I'm able to clean the house and shower by noon everyday. Make breakfast and lunch. We have a routine down that works well for us and it pretty much works out the same everyday. He has his set wake/nap times and eating times. I would say try not to stress, relax. Try to clean when you can, do what you can when you can and come back to later to finish. Sometimes when the entire house needs cleaned and vacuumed and laundry needs done, I do what I can during nap times and if it doesn't all get done that day, then oh well. If I were you, I'd worry more about lack of sleep right now. Nap when you can and don't worry too much about housework. If you don't take care of yourself, you will have a hard time taking care of little one. Just remember, it sucks now but things will get better. Take one day at a time, do what you can and enjoy time with your little girl. Wish I better advice to give and I'm sorry things are so bad right now.
Hopolka likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 01:23 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Right there with you. Adding a third kid into the mix has not been as easy as everyone said it would be.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

February 13th, 2013, 01:45 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally agree with Katherine. Logan is the easiest baby ever but having 3 kids is SO much work that my house is a mess, I'm unshowered most days, and I don't get enough sleep.

February 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
3 was an easy adjustment for me even with the fact that my DH was deployed and I was a full time student. Adding #4 has totally kicked my booty. I feel so overwhelmed all the time. laundry always needs to be done, the house seems like its always a mess. I am sure in time things will fall into place and things will get easier!
Glycerin19 likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I'm with you, Robin! The third was a breeze! This time I'm completely overwhelmed even though Norah is pretty easy as far as babies go. I'm so tired.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 13th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm on number 1 so I'm sure my life is super simple compared to the mamas with more...but the way I keep myself organized is I have different chores on different days. Example is Wednesday is my laundry day...today Arianna was great and slept a lot so I managed to get 4 loads of laundry done. Last Wednesday I got 1/2 a load done. Tomorrow is my sweep/mop day. Hopefully I'll get the kitchen done and then the living/dining room. By breaking it down to days it makes it easier to focuson a single task and I don't find myself as discouraged. I know if I don't get to it this week I will get to it next week.
Hopolka likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also try to do a task each day. Rather than do a whole day of laundry I try to do a load a day. Folding the laundry is the challenging part for me! I do the FlyLady "swish and swipe" of the bathrooms so I don't have to do a deep cleaning of those. I just take the Clorox wipes to each bathroom every other day. Takes 1 minute and they're done! I keep a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in the bathroom and once a week go over the tub with it before showering.

Vacuuming and mopping are the harder things to keep up with, but I'll do those on a weekend day when DH is home. With Sean spending so much time on the floor I want to keep it clean!
Hopolka likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran
I don't even remember what being caught up is like. Between working outside the house, working from home and running my own business things like housework never seem to happen. I struggle to keep our clothes and dishes done and vacuuming just never seems to happen.
February 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Thanks for the feedback gals. The "task a day" thing seems more feesible for me right now. I'll try that. I think I just sit here and then become overwhelmed with my "to-do" list and then I end up not doing anything because I get discouraged. Yesterday Annalise did take a longer nap so I was able to pick up some things and do 4-5 loads of laundry. Today I'll probably fold them and then tackle the remainder of the dishes.
February 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Anyone else do the FlyLady thing? I don't really keep up with it but I do believe you can do anything for a few minutes.
February 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran
I feel this way! I can never catch up..... i think about everything that has to be done and get overwelmed as well
February 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never feel caught up! Between the house, returning to work, and taking 3 college classes right now I am exhausted. I have an easy baby who sleeps through the night most nights, now if I could jsut move her bedtime back so that sleeping through the night would be around the same hours that I sleep we would be great. For example, last night she was exhausted and went to bed at 7:30 pm- slept till 4:00 am before needing a bottle. I consider this sleeping through the night, just need to modify "night" hours. I just keep telling myself that I only have 2 weeks left with 3 classes and then I have 16 weeks with 2 classes... then I am DONE!! By end of June (when I graduate) I might be able to keep up with the house
Hopolka likes this.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVH View Post
Anyone else do the FlyLady thing? I don't really keep up with it but I do believe you can do anything for a few minutes.
I take bits and pieces. That's where I got my idea for the bathrooms and laundry from.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search