Breastfeeding moms check in!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Who is still going strong? What is your current goal for breastfeeding? 6 months, 1 year, middle school? How are things different now then when you first started?

February 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Us! She hasn't had a drop of formula. My goal is a year. She's always been a great nurser.
Leanne78 likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
doing great here! i love bf and i'm so glad i could do it! goal is as long as possible. At first I wasn't confident in myself but now I know I can definitely do it!

[/url

February 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Doing well here. He had a few bottle of formula while I was figuring things out in the early weeks but now we are 99% BM. Maybe formula once every few weeks if I don't leave enough pumped milk on his piggy days. Will try to BF for at least 6 months but hopefully up to a year with BF or at least pumped milk. The teeth thing scares me!
February 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going great as it did the last time. Hoping to make it to 2 years. My daughter b-fed for 30 months.

February 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Annoyingly we've had more issues nursing this time around than with any of my other three. Formula supplements during the jaundice, thrush twice, two plugged ducts, weird random engorgements, and a possible dairy intolerance. Norah spits up a lot and needs a lot of burping. She's a very happy baby though, nothing seems to be hurting or bothering her. It's just bugging me! Anyway, we are likely to go several years. I'm hoping cutting out dairy will help with the gas and spitting up and if not, she should outgrow that when she begins sitting, at least that's what I read.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 13th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Super Mommy
Still EBF. Short term goal of 6 months. Then a year, followed by baby directed weaning.
February 14th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran
No formula here Short term plan is 6 months but I don't really want to do formula at all so 1+ years.
February 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean had some formula when he was first born to regulate his blood sugars and then he had issues nursing during the day. Once I was able to get some pumped we were good and he hasn't had any since he was 2 weeks old. I have a nice stash building up in the deep freezer just pumping when I can and not really worrying too much about it. My goal is 1 year. If it becomes too difficult to nurse once he gets teeth then I plan to pump to get us to the 1 year mark. My ultimate goal is to have a freezer full of milk by the time he's 1 so that way we can wean the breastfeeding but he can still get breastmilk beyond the first year by using up the frozen milk.

February 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Who is still going strong? What is your current goal for breastfeeding? 6 months, 1 year, middle school? How are things different now then when you first started?

Still going! I made it 21 months with DS1, so the goal is two years (or baby led weaning). In the beginning, he had an insanely strong latch, and I was in pain. Now, though, it's smooth sailing.

February 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still going strong here. Plan to stop pumping at a year. Nursing we'll see at least a year I hope.

February 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Doing well. Had a bit of a dip in supply after 2 newborn sessions and inability to pump much while working, but after some lactation cookies and a ton of water, I got it back up. My ultimate goal is 2 years, but he's not much of a comfort nurser, so we'll see how long he goes after 1

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

February 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Still going. We have our good and our bad days. More good than bad. I've only supplemented once and it was 2oz of Enfamil newborn because I didn't have enough pumped to leave with my hubby. Otherwise it's been exclusively BM. Now that I'm back to work I still EBF before I leave for the day and throughout the evening. Though I'm thinking that because she is STTN now and thats when i have the opportunity to BF her, thats why my supply has dipped a little. I plan on making cookies and consuming more fluids. Hopefully that'll give me the boost I need to make it to at least 1year, then 15months, then baby weaned. Like a few of the other gals she's not much of a comfort nurser so I bet she'll wean herself by 10 months or less. :/ FX
February 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a dip this past week since I've been sick but lactation cookies are both awesome for supply and great tasting! I have had a hard time controlling myself!

February 22nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Still breastfeeding. I want to reach 6 months. She has had formula. It breaks my heart. My mom wore me down and I gave in . So she gets it when she's baby sat. When she's home she always gets BM. Unless hubby is watching her and over feeds her the stored BM. If it runs out while I'm gone she'll get formula. I still hate it. Its not what I wanted. I wanted exclusively breaatfed
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
February 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahxSyanide View Post
Still breastfeeding. I want to reach 6 months. She has had formula. It breaks my heart. My mom wore me down and I gave in . So she gets it when she's baby sat. When she's home she always gets BM. Unless hubby is watching her and over feeds her the stored BM. If it runs out while I'm gone she'll get formula. I still hate it. Its not what I wanted. I wanted exclusively breaatfed
Don't be too hard on yourself. I wanted the same with my first, but had pumping issues when I went back to work and ended up supplementing with formula. I nursed exclusively when I was home. My son self-weaned at 2.5 so we had a good long run of nursing. The next two were EBF. Norah got formula during the jaundice this time. I finally just had to accept that life doesn't always go as planned. As long as she gets BM at all, you are doing really well and she's getting all the good stuff that keeps her healthy.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 24th, 2013, 04:08 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
still going strong so far we have stayed formula free and he barely even gets pumped anymore I finally have the titty baby I worked so hard for. im planning to bf at least untill no longer necissary for nurisment if I make it that far we will see what happens next. although I really dont see myself going past 2 but I guess I wont know for sure untill the time comes

February 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Still going strong here too! She only had formula when she was a day old because of jaundice. It's been all bm since then, even with me now back at work. Shes a great nurser although she uses me a pacifier too! My next goal is 6 months. Overall goal is 1 year!
February 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm still breastfeeding! I have given her formula a few times at nights when it feels like I'm up every hour with Lei. Other then that straight breastfeeding She also spits up A LOT!! It gets rather irritating. She is a stubborn baby and doesn't usually burp that easily! lol .. My goal is to go until my doctor says she's ready for Homogenized Milk.. With Addy it was 10 months. So at least 10 months with Lei.
February 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Going strong here. Caroline takes a bottle about once or twice a month. Short term goal is a year, but I'm open to about 18 months or so. We'll see.
Caroline - November '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search