Any tips..airplane?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 1 Post By nataliamw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 06:09 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
So I'm going to TX on tuesday and we are taking AirTran..we got a seat for baby..as I don't want her on my lap this young. The flight is going to be 4 hours, 1 stop for 30 minutes. Does anyone have any tips for flying with baby? Thank you! And I'm thinking about taking the 8oz premade bottles.

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

February 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having her own seat will make things easier since you can use her carseat. Make sure she has something to suck on during take off and landing - either a paci or a bottle - as that will help with her hears popping with the pressure. The premade bottles are a good idea and when it comes to formula, they typically only let you take enough for the fight - so 1 or 2 bottles. The rest you can check in your luggage. Otherwise, that's about it. There's not a whole lot you can do to entertain a baby this age other than feed her.

February 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Can i feed her in the carseat? ty for the tips btw do they open he premade bottles bec once they are open they are only good for 1 hr

February 17th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Super Mommy
No they don't open anything, but they will ask you to put all the baby liquids on a separate tray so they can run it through a special machine. Put them all into a gallon size clear zip bag to make it easy. And they will make you hold the baby through the xray gate, while the stroller will have to go onto the conveyer belt just like your purse and jacket.
I travelled with an 8 week old to Europe by myself - it was a bit crazy, but doable if you are highly motivated to travel I think I got past the whole bacteria/dirt thing when I looked away for a moment and next thing I saw was my infant licking the wall of the plane. Guess what, she is two years old now and thriving
TammyLynn1993 likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the advice ! Should I put them each into a seperate bag or just all 3 in the same bag? And wow stroller on the belt o.o' sounds kinda hard to fit even with the stroller closed.

February 19th, 2013, 04:33 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bring several changes of clothes for baby. For some reason flying always gave zoey the runs...

March 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
How did the trip with baby go Tammy?

March 7th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Trip went really well ! I did have to change her clothes on the plane she destroyed them lol. Security was easier then I thought. Everyone loved her ! We came back Monday just me and Isabella to get her shots and was going to stay a month. But now we have to go back tuesday because i found out my SO's mom has kidney cancer .

March 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Glad it went well! So sorry to hear about your SO's mom though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search