Do you think breastfeeding has helped you lose weight?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
I guess I was expecting the pounds to "melt" away like so many people told me theirs did, but I seem to be gaining weight! I weighed myself for the first time since baby today and I am only 10lbs under delivery weight.

How is it going for you guys?

February 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
I'm not sure what factors played into my weight loss. I gained 50lbs, and have lost all but about 6-7lbs. My weight gain was fairly slow except for the last 2 months, but I was VERY swollen from fluid retention. I think my loss has more to do with not eating combined with breastfeeding. I've actually put back on a pound or two since I went back to work 2 weeks ago, but I've been eating 3 times a day instead of only once or twice. I really need to start putting my gym membership to good use.

February 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
It hasn't helped me at all. I think it's because I had morning sickness all 9 months and my metabolism just kind of stopped. I was hoping it'd help me get to my goal weight, but no such luck
February 17th, 2013, 10:44 AM
chomsee
I'm a SAHM and EBF, no pumping or anything and I'm not sure about the numbers on the scale but aside from my breasts (which went from a DD to an F right when I concieved) I'm pretty much back to what I was before aside from some toning I need to do. Lots of loose skin lol.
February 17th, 2013, 12:43 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, but not as much as with DD1. I'm sure its a combo of being 3 years older and my body just going to hell since it knew this was my last kiddo. Of course...I could help myself by actively TRYING to lose weight, I suppose...
February 19th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
No way...I always gain after I have the baby. This time I never gained a pound while pregnant due to sickness...was around 6 pounds down at delivery. I swelled up and left the hospital 3 pounds heavier than I went in. Lost 20 off of that in 2 weeks and now have gained all of that back. I'm still down around 6 lbs pre pregnancy but it's coming back fast. My appetite is crazy bad and I feel like I have had a gastric bypass reversal or something and can just eat and eat and not get sick. I start my diet this weekend because otherwise I will be as big as a house. So depressed
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search