To our FTMs

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
So FTMs...
Is Mommyhood what you thought it was?

February 18th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yep, it's pretty much everything I expected. I knew there would be some rough nights, but I'm used to it now. She's really been a pretty easy baby. I guess I didn't quite realize how much her smiles to me would just melt my heart. Even those in the middle of the night! I'm just so in love with this little girl!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

February 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
Well I always knew my life would completely change when I had a baby. I think it's one of the reasons I waited so long (I will be 33 this month). I knew a quick trip to the store would no longer be that, and that we couldn't just pick up and go anywhere we wanted. The hardest is the unknown of what kind of baby you will have. Happy? Colicky? Nathan is pretty middle of the road. Happy a lot, but with definite fussy times. So I guess I didn't have a whole lot of expectations of what motherhood would be like. I just knew it would be DIFFERENT. To me, the biggest surprise has been my husband. He wasn't always very nice to me while I was pregnant, so I wasn't sure what to expect from him after the baby was born. But he has been awesome. He has taken to fatherhood very well. It's been pretty shocking. I love to see the love he has for Nathan, after all the years of him saying that he didn't want to have anything to do with a child until it was five. I'm so happy he's such a good dad.

February 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
It's about what I expected. I didn't really anticipate was how much of my day revolves around his feeding. I also didn't really get how lonely it gets being a SAHM and how necessary it is for me to have regular adult contact. But I absolutely love being Caleb's mommy and I wouldn't trade him for anything.
February 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
I knew what I was getting myself into but I didn't realize how unpredictable it would be. How she would go from being great back to fussy for a week, then great and back again. My sisters kids were either fussy or they weren't unless they were sick. I expected to either have a great kid or a fussy kid.I did not expect her to sleep so well at night. I love being a mom more than I could have ever imagined.
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3

February 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I definitely didn't expect to have a colicky baby but other than that it's even better than i ever expected. I swear i love her more each and everyday!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
February 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Veteran
I love it much more than I even thought I would, and I knew I'd enjoy it a lot before she was even here! It's a ton of work, and can be overwhelming at times, but the sense of love and happiness she brings is wonderful and I can barely even remember life without her it seems!

February 18th, 2013, 08:53 PM
The Truth is out There
I'm truly surprised about how much I really do love her. The entire pregnancy I was kind of like, "Whatever.." and right after she was born, I had a lot of trouble adjusting, but now I'm surprised when I feel sad if someone else is holding her, or if I'm gone from her. I never expected to feel that way.

February 18th, 2013, 09:04 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Yes & No.
I knew babies arent always happy but I didnt expect her to be as fussy as she can be at times or that she would fight sleeping like she does at times.

But then I love being a mom and experiencing all the things even more than I thought.
Nothing compares to being a mom and seeing her smiles and everything she does.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy
February 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am loving it. i knew it was going to be hard work but it is all worth it! i just wish the Dh would adjust like I have. he still wants to go out "like our old life" and he just doesn't get that she has bed times and certain things that have to go on throughout the day otherwise she is not going to be a happy camper.

February 19th, 2013, 01:38 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it. This is exactly what I was meant to do! It is hard work and it is tiring, but also extremely rewarding. I expected to love it but you can't really imagine what it will be like until it happens. Unconditional love is crazy.

February 20th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
Yes, its basically everything I thought it would be. I didn't expect her to be such a happy, easy baby, but I am happy with that of course. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but I honestly never thought I would love it THIS much. I honestly believe this is what I am meant to do, I love everything about being Aubree's Mommy. I have never been this happy in my life. Aubree makes me the happiest person in the world, and her smile just lights up my life.. I mean, I loved her when I was pregnant with her, but nothing compares to the love that filled my heart the first time I laid eyes on my baby girl. It seems impossible to be able to love her more than I already do, but every morning when she wakes me up, and I look into her eyes & see the smile on her face, my love just grows more & more. Words can not express how much she means to me.

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; February 20th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
February 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im glad everyone is adjusting well!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

February 21st, 2013, 08:26 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for our FTM's! FWIW - it does just keep getting better, and better, and better!!!
Dhartanya likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Mommyhood is what I expected... This may sound kinda odd, but since I was a child I've been taking care of sick, old, dying, dying animals I got to go to a whole different level of animal care, which really helped prepare me for the level of commitment of a human baby.
It's like I could just easily step into the roll.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search