Maternity leave...who's at home? who's at work?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By Miss Kelly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
So Monday is my last day of maternity leave and i have already been informed that its busy at work and overtime is available if i want it and although i really need to i cant do any overtime right now...heck i dont even want to go....Nicholas will be staying home with DH and I know DH will do a good job taking care of him. But I will miss our morning time where we just lay in bed together and laugh and coo for a good hour and i dont see DH and LO doing that...ok maybe 10-15 minutes but Nicholas and I could actually waste the whole day doing it

So who has gone back to work? How was the transition?

I know once I go back to work time will just fly by because every Monday you count down to Friday and each passing week our LO is getting older and older and I want to savor every minute especially while they are still babies

Thank you Jaidynsmum

February 18th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Danielle226's Avatar First time mom to Nathan
This is my third week back at work. I hated having to come back, but it hasn't been so bad. It's actually kinda nice being out of the house. My husband has been the one to watch Nathan during the day, so I haven't had to worry about him being at day care. My husband works third shift, so sleeps during the day. And although he takes good care of Nathan, and is much preferable than day care, I too worry that he doesn't give Nathan as much attention as I would. But I am home by five and there are plenty of hours for us to spend together. Although lately he seems to be affected by the witching hour. My husband says he doesn't cry all day, but tends to start up not too long after I get home.

February 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my second week back. It wasn't too bad of a transition, but then this is my 10th year at the firm. At that point, it's kind of like a homecoming in another way. My babies do go to daycare 2 days a week, but I know this place, it's NAEYC accredited, and it's close enough that I get to nurse Willa on my lunchbreak, and visit her big sister when I'm done with that. The other 2 days a week they spend with their grandmother (my mom), and on Wednesdays I'm home with them all day. It's a good system, and the best of all worlds, I think. Judging by DD1, she's incredibly well socialized - and I have no regrets.

Don't hate - but I like being back to work. I think I'm a better mommy when I have some adult time to myself; I'm more patient and fun. Being off for 9 weeks was great, but I found myself butting heads with the 3 year old a lot. You know that you need some adult time when you start butting heads with a three year old.
Danielle226 likes this.
February 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm back to work... Sort of. Till mid march (scheduling error extended my leave, yeah) I'm only working Fridays and every other weekend. It goes quickly but I worry about the baby a lot. DH watches her on weekends and in the morning till the nanny comes over.

I like the adult time but I'd rather be at home for the first year. I don't want to miss anything!
MarlowesMum likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent worked since december 2011 but sometimes i wish i had a job a day or two a week just to be out of the house but then i would probably miss them lol

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

February 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I go back March 2nd I thought I would be so ready, but I'm not. I just wish I could find a job that paid 2700 a month and I would only have to leave the house twice a week for four hours instead of 12! Doubtful.

Daffney

February 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Veteran
I decided not to go back. I had been on the fence prior to her birth, but once she was here, I knew for sure I wanted to be home with her. Luckily, it's an option for our family financially, so I'm very grateful for that. I had a long hours, high stress job prior, with an hour commute each way, so I knew it wouldn't allow for the type of family life I wanted to have.

February 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kelly View Post
I like the adult time but I'd rather be at home for the first year. I don't want to miss anything!
I totally get that. I was the same way with my first one. It's so scary to think that they're being "raised" by someone else and all of the stuff that you may be missing! I lucked out with Marlowe, I genuinely never missed any of those "milestones". (My daycare had a policy of making sure to tell me if she had done something new those days...and she had always done them already with me by the time they noted anything new!) If you work- it's definitely about quality over quantity of time.

I promise it will get easier. Probably not until about 6 months of age or so...but it does. Once they can show you that you are the most important thing to them, it makes everything so much better.
February 19th, 2013, 01:15 PM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
I go back in October, we'r quite lucky to get 9months maternity in the UK. Its not much money but Im already dreading going back I cant imagine leaving her as early as you ladies have had to!
Child care cost so much here I think its the highest in europe..possibly the world??
Its like 90% of my earnings but i still need to go to work to pay for our place.

11/03/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search