Today's Current Event - Man Slaps Baby on Plane!?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By May14th2011
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quick Recap: A traveling business executive has now been fired after being accused of slapping a 19 month old (!) who was crying on a plane during the altitude change. The executive may or may not have been drunk when he turned to the mother seated next to him and told her to, "Shut that (n word) baby up!", and then proceeded to slap the child across the face.

In addition to losing his job, the executive faces one year prison time for physically assaulting a minor.

Read the full story here: Man accused of slapping crying boy on Delta flight is out of a job - CNN.com

Seriously, what is UP with people today? In what world could this be considered even a remote possibility where a complete stranger would make a horrific racial slur to a BABY and then slap the child? Apparently, ours. This is such a ridiculous story, I can hardly believe it. What do YOU think is an appropriate punishment for this man?

February 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I was shocked and horrified that this happened.
I'm surprised the mom didn't go all ape **** crazy on the man and cause some serious harm.
I know my hubby would have beat the snot outta anyone who laid a hand on our daughter.

I hope he gets some jail time, the max he can get.

February 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is not a harsh enough punishment for that! I heard he is trying to get out of it by saying he has a phobea of kids(not sure if its true). People are so stupid

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

February 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
A phobia, huh? IF true, then perhaps the appropriate reaction would have been to kindly request alternate seating from the flight attendant? I also think it's HI-larious that his attorney is all, "my client is not a racist". Hmm...I don't know a single white person that would use the n-word unless they were racist. For the rest of us - it's word non grata...you just don't even THINK that word, let alone use it.

I have no doubt that he will prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and he deserves it, but I think the best punishment is the press that he's getting right now. Nothing is going to change what happened - and as shocking as it was, the kid is alright and probably doesn't even remember what happened. For this guy, however, his life will NEVER be the same. And that is the best revenge a 19 month old can get.

February 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM
The Truth is out There
Yeah, several of the articles I read said that he was going to try and get out of it by claiming he has a Phobia of kids.
Which is odd, because if he truly did then he probably would have asked to be moved before the flight started.

And if someone ever slapped my child, for ANY reason, they'd be dealing with the female version of the Incredible Hulk.
MarlowesMum likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
(You wouldn't like Brittany when she's angry.)
May14th2011 likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
That's horrible! What a complete and total idiot!

By the way, Maggie, I'm loving these random news stories. Keep them coming
February 18th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks, Lucy! I'm trying to keep it relatively light and interesting...but surprisingly, it's always THESE types of stories that come up at the dinner table. (At least at my house.) So I've actually been able to participate in the conversation lately, instead of just being completely bamboozled by the news. (WHAT happened?! Shut up! )

February 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
I just read that story this morning and was like what the heck is wrong with people?? I can't imagine being a witness to something like this. I am sure the mom was in shock thinking "is this really happening?" And what stranger hits another persons baby?! Really what was he thinking bc slapping a child is a sure fire way to quiet a crying child. And I agree Maggie all the bad press is well deserved...no punishment will cure ignorance n hate

Thank you Jaidynsmum

February 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Seriously??? I think if I were the mom I would be in such shock that this seriously happened and then I would go nuts. How could he possibly think that would be okay? And I don't buy the phobia of kids story. That's a nice excuse, but yeah if I had to sit next to something I had a phobia of I would definitely be doing everything I could to get away from it. But even if that is the case, it's still so outrageous to think slapping a baby is going to make the baby stop crying...

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

February 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Sad note, this guy lives like a couple miles from me. What an absolutely terrible person. I want to slap him back or have a big man slap him and beat him up. It just pisses me off. I can't even imagine someone slapping my sweet little baby's face. I would absolutely be in jail if someone slapped my child.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
February 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is absolutely outrageous! I would not have responded with kind words or actions. The man would have wished all he had to deal with was a crying baby. Things like this make me so upset! Where is common sense? Knowing right from wrong? A little self control!!

February 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This story blew my mind. Who DOES someone think when doing this!!! You are right, he's screwed.

Daffney

February 19th, 2013, 05:23 AM
A couple of miles, eh Crystal? I think a house egging is in order.

DOWN WITH BABY SLAPPERS!

February 19th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I don't buy the phobia story. I have a phobia of spiders...I won't even get close enough to one to smack it! Also, the phobia doesn't excuse the racist comment to a baby.

What a sad excuse for a man.
February 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i second the egging of his house. or getting a bunch of baby cardboard cutouts and put them all over his yard! If the man would have servived my beating im sure the DH would have sent him six feet under. I agree that in what world is is ok to slap someone elses kid?????

February 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
The Truth is out There
I read an article last night from the Latimes saying that he lost his job over this. His company cut all ties with him.

February 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
No big surprise there, I suppose.

1.) "Likes to slap babies" is probably not a highly sought after quality for traveling space engineer executives.
2.) Ditto for "penchant for racial slurs".
3.) Can I just say, this man looks like a freaking pedophile!? I don't mean to be casting aspersions or anything...this is just my opinion based on absolutely no evidence and just his physical bearing. In all honesty, if this man were seated by me and MY child on the plane, I probably would have requested a move myself.

All in all, probably not a great candidate for ANY employment position in the near, or conceivable, future.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search