Working from home and daycare...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Veteran
I know we have some work from home mom's... how's that going? do you keep baby home with you? We just got notice that I'll be able to telework from home 4 days, and only have to go in the office 1 day a week... But my work can't be broken up and has to be done in 8 hours straight..... and it's all monitored... and we're not suppose to have children at home with us... so no way to explain if i have to calm her and feed her, ect and have gaps in my work .... so not sure what to do.. I requested part time so I could have my mom watch her on the days she's off, and not have to send her to daycare.... But it was denied at this time due to being currently understaffed... So now it looks like i'll have to drop her off somewhere..
February 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a teleworker! At the time I have my mom in town staying with us, as I didn't want to put Juliet in daycare in the middle of cold/flu season if I didn't have to. The plan is to eventually put her in daycare part time, while she is little ,once she gets bigger and is on the go more then I may have to have her in daycare longer during the day. My plan is eventually to have her at daycare in the am, pick her up at lunch, feed her, put her down for nap. By the time she is waking from nap DH should be home pretty soon. Obviously this requires her naps and everything to work perfectly.

My work is more flexible with me though, so I can step away for periods of time if necessary.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I originally planned on working from home and taking care of DD at the same time. Thankfully I started out slow and I quickly realized it isn't working AT ALL. I can only get in an hour at most of productive work while doing a good job with my daughter. I can read for entertainment more than that, because I'm good at putting my book down and picking it back up even if I only read a paragraph at a time. But for my work I need to sit down and focus for at least an hour at a time or it's just not worth it.
So I caved and I found a good nanny and I will start working in earnest next week when I start dropping Héloïse off at her place every day.

February 20th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I work from home twice a week and it really is rough with kids. It was hard enough when Akadia was a baby because she was so difficult, but now having two and Akadia always talking in the background, it's even harder. Thankfully, my job is really flexible, so as long as I'm getting my work done, they don't care how many breaks I need etc... My big problem is when I get phone calls and have to deal professionally with someone on the phone while my 2 year old is yelling in the background - "I pooped, I stink!" If I could afford it, I'd put her in preschool or something. My mom already watches her the other 3 days and it exhausts her so I can't use her for these two days unfortunately. I'm just stuck for now.

February 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't work from home, but I work 2 days a week and take her with me, so it's a similar situation. I am falling behind, because of needing to stop and feed/soothe her. Also, even when I'm wearing her, there are certain things I have trouble doing (already bumped her head on a filing cabinet, trying to reach bottom files!)

My boss is very understanding, because she brought her own daughter with her for a long time, but it's tough. Hopefully she'll bear with me for a year... if we try again this summer, I'll most likely be quitting my job this time next year!

February 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
both SO and I now work from home but both our jobs require no background noise/ distractions so we switch out. his job is scedualed from 11-8 so me and Connor spend he day out on the town.....my job thankfully isnt set hours so I work when its possiable normally while Connor sleeps or when SO can take him out it can be daunting but child care isnt in the budget so we do what we have to.

working while careing for him isnt an option for us much like what you discribed we can lose our jobs from call interuptions so iv never even attempted something like that I whould imagine it whould be difficult though since some times I cant even surf the web while watching him. honestly when working it might be abettter Idea to have someone lse watching the littleone even if it wasnt a requirment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search