Thoughts on milk..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amberj90

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
My pedi is old school and actually says I could start while milk 3.25% as early as 8 months.. Wit Victoria we started slowly introducing at 11.5mo. But the last time I BF her was on her 1st bday

I plan to do the same with Hayden...

When do u plan on starting whole milk?

February 21st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I BF excusevly my olders son. He would not take my milk ( I also formula ) in any other form but breast. I had to go back to work when he was 9 month old and started weaning him for one sippy of goat or cow milk per day. He was a wonderful eater and was eating everything we eat before he was 9 months old and I was still nursing 2 - 3 times per day. I guess I don't mind milk if there is no other way around it. For Tristan, I will not be introducing it until 9 month. At 9 it will be for his cerel, and then little by little replacing the breast. I am not going back to work until he is almost 1 so I don't feel rushed this time around.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
February 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Won't be introducing milk until 11 or 12 months. She's had milk products though such as cheese, yogurt, Mac and cheese stuff like that but ill start her on whole milk closer to a year.

February 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I won't start milk until her birthday, or possibly a day or two before, somewhere in that range.

February 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
with both my boys, I started doing half formula half milk at 11 mths and added more milk as the weeks went by. they were on whole milk by 12 mths and drinking only from sippies. I did the formula/milk transition and the bottle/sippie at the same time. I had NO PROBLEMS at all breaking them from the bottle. I hope Raini will be as easy she's already drinking from a sippie now, mostly water or juice during meals. She is refusing formula from a sippie....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on starting it after his bday, but I'll keep BFing too....he'll just get a sippy cup with milk when he eats.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
March 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lesha View Post
with both my boys, I started doing half formula half milk at 11 mths and added more milk as the weeks went by. they were on whole milk by 12 mths and drinking only from sippies. I did the formula/milk transition and the bottle/sippie at the same time. I had NO PROBLEMS at all breaking them from the bottle. I hope Raini will be as easy she's already drinking from a sippie now, mostly water or juice during meals. She is refusing formula from a sippie....
I like the idea of doing half formula half milk around 11 months. I was trying to think of a good way to transition Ethan to milk without making him sick. He's already using a sippie cup during the day for water or juice too so I am not at all worried about breaking him from the bottle. It's going away along with the paci on his 1st bday.
The Lesha likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will do the same that I did with Reagan, Addy will get only milk in the sippy. Reagan had no issues, so I don't expect Addy will with the transition to milk. I did it at a year old. I can't remember if I weaned her onto it or not, but I don't think I did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search