Advice for the newbies in the Nov. 2013 DDC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Now that you are all BTDT mom's, is there one piece of advice you would pass on to the new mommies to be in the 2013 Nov. DDC?

February 28th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy cow! It's up already?! I can't believe a year ago we were all getting our BFPs!!

Enjoy the process. It's scary but in the end you'll have this little person that you love more than life itself. Pregnancy is not always fun, but try to enjoy it. And once the little one is born it's so awesome that I can't honestly say that there is anything I miss about being pregnant because I love having him on the outside so much!

February 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Plan your birth, but know that it's not going to go as you planned. After four pregnancies, I can say that none of them were exactly what I wanted. If you don't get too attached and let yourself go with the flow, you will be happy no matter how it all works out.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

February 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to obsess over every little thing that happens. It's way too easy to add unneeded stress to the pregnancy. Try and enjoy the process, but it's okay to admit the whole 9 months are not magical. Plan ahead for those first few weeks with your newborn... line up help if DH/SO isn't off work, prep freezer meals, etc because you are pretty much a zombie in the beginning.

February 28th, 2013, 01:14 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I agree with what the other ladies say. Have a general plan for your birth but don't become too attached to it, go with the flow, "let the baby drive". Because if you plan everything out and it doesn't work that way, it may make you feel a little down (well, it did for me, my plan for a natural unmedicated birth, turned into a c section and I had a hard time emotional with that). Try to enjoy your pregnancy, it goes fast, document some of it. Make dates with your partner, you won't be going out for awhile (without the baby) once the baby is here. Try to take a trip out of town. Pamper yourself and try to relax as much as possible, get massages, meditate, take a yoga class.
February 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniek85 View Post
I agree with what the other ladies say. Have a general plan for your birth but don't become too attached to it, go with the flow, "let the baby drive". Because if you plan everything out and it doesn't work that way, it may make you feel a little down (well, it did for me, my plan for a natural unmedicated birth, turned into a c section and I had a hard time emotional with that). Try to enjoy your pregnancy, it goes fast, document some of it. Make dates with your partner, you won't be going out for awhile (without the baby) once the baby is here. Try to take a trip out of town. Pamper yourself and try to relax as much as possible, get massages, meditate, take a yoga class.
I could have said this part word-for-word. I wanted an epidural, but was trying to avoid an induction & c-section at all costs. I ended up in an induction & c-section, but it's all worth it in the end.

Also, enjoy your free time. I was just talking to my doctor about this today… before kiddos, you think that you are SO BUSY & have NO free time. Ha!! If only I could go back to the days where I could be up, ready & out in the door in less than 20 minutes.

And like she said, take time with your SO. Life is getting ready to drastically change (obviously for the better), but you don't get as much time to enjoy just each other. That's been one of the hardest things for me.

Best of all.. remember that through all the hard work of pregnancy, labor & delivery, that you get this perfect little baby & that makes it all worth while.
March 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I agree with all the ladies who say enjoy the process. It really does go by so quickly and I have to admit I miss it a little, especially feeling her kick and move around. Something I wish I had done with my first pregnancy was keep a journal so that I could go back and compare things with the second pregnancy. I forgot about a lot of stuff between the two pregnancies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search