Generating New Playroom Activity Ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rlh27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Lets make a list of fun activities besides just the DITL and Alphabet pictures. I'll put them in this thread so comment away!
Mom of the Week
Monthly superlative graduation parties!
Craft Share
Toy of the Week Review
Movie Mamas
Baby food Mashups
MOD Mommy product review

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!

Last edited by Crystallee; March 4th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
March 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I really enjoyed our graduation party. Maybe once a month or so we could do something similar and vote on things like best smile, funniest baby story, etc. and maybe do some reminiscing over our pregnancies and first months with LO.
Marie.sThrees likes this.
Due with #2 on July 10

March 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Maybe we could do a weekly/monthly craft share? Like making a footprint picture with LO or doing something with one of the pictures we take on them? Share a picture of what you did.

Toy of the week review. Take a toy that you got for LO and review if they are interested in it or not. If you would recommend it to other mommies.

Movie mamas. Tell us about a movie your rented/watched this week and what you thought.

Baby food mashup. (If some babies are getting ready to start baby food) Share your favorite baby food recipe you're trying that week or would like to try when baby is ready.

Maybe we could have a 'Mod Mommy' product review a week? If people were into it, that is. We could post products we would like a mommy to try, say for instance the new press on nails they offer, and someone could volunteer to try and review the product. Just for fun! All the mamas could come up with ideas on this one.

These might be dumb, but just brainstorming here.
March 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie.sThrees View Post
Maybe we could do a weekly/monthly craft share? Like making a footprint picture with LO or doing something with one of the pictures we take on them? Share a picture of what you did.

Toy of the week review. Take a toy that you got for LO and review if they are interested in it or not. If you would recommend it to other mommies.

Movie mamas. Tell us about a movie your rented/watched this week and what you thought.

Baby food mashup. (If some babies are getting ready to start baby food) Share your favorite baby food recipe you're trying that week or would like to try when baby is ready.

Maybe we could have a 'Mod Mommy' product review a week? If people were into it, that is. We could post products we would like a mommy to try, say for instance the new press on nails they offer, and someone could volunteer to try and review the product. Just for fun! All the mamas could come up with ideas on this one.

I really like the toy/ product review idea! Maybe like a hot or not type thing? Sharing baby food recipes would be fun in a few months, too.
Due with #2 on July 10

Last edited by rlh27; March 3rd, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
March 3rd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie.sThrees View Post

I think these are great ideas!

Thank you Jaidynsmum

March 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
All good ideas!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

March 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, we're doing ADITLO for our babies...and I know we did MOTW when we were preggo, but how about an updated MOTW? Maybe it's more than our mommies want to do at this point, but I really liked reading the MOTW when we were doing it. In fact, I think it's part of why we are all so close. We genuinely care about each other's lives...so it makes sense (at least to me) to want to know how everyone is doing now that our LO are here.
March 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
baby of the week? and how about picture contests?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search