Dairy sensitive LO

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BlueJayBaby
  • 1 Post By BlueJayBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Veteran
Is anyone BFing a LO with a dairy intolerance? Philip is so sensitive he even reacts to me eating beef. :/ It's really hard to be on this strict of a diet. Anyone else suffering through it?
March 4th, 2013, 07:47 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Oh man, I'm sorry you're dealing with that! To be honest, I don't know if I'd continue bf if I had to follow a strict diet.
Due with #2 on July 10

March 4th, 2013, 09:00 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! All my kids had this...it is horrible. My babies all get/got greenish, runny, mucousy poop if I eat ANY dairy. They also spit up a ton and seem to get a tummy ache. I was hoping my new little guy wouldnt get it...but he did too! Makes eating very hard, doesn't it? Dairy is my favorite food group too!
If its any consolation, my kids were all fine with dairy as toddlers and kids...none of them had any dairy intolerance after they stopped breastfeeding at a year!

Our family is complete

March 4th, 2013, 09:36 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I'm in the same boat. I have found it so difficult to make sure that there are absolutely NO dairy that I am eating. If I happen to eat dairy Mikaela is sure to let me know. I feel so bad for her. Even now when I think I have managed to get it all out of my system she will have a green mucousy poop. Makes me wonder if I have eaten something dairy or if something else bothers her that I can't put my finger on. It seems like a never ending battle that I just can't win for my little monkey. I have thought a few times of switching to formula but I don't think that would be any better for her, probably even worse with her sensitive tummy.....

Marie - I didn't know that babies could also react to beef if they are dairy sensitive. Any other tips??

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
March 6th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran
I'm glad I'm not alone. I totally feel the same way about formula. I think if I tried it, it would just be a bigger hassel trying to find something Philip could tolerate. I'm sure he has crazy expensive taste if you know what I mean.

Shawna, I had no clue about the beef either until my LC consultant figured it out. He was still have flare ups and I was being soooo good! Except for that darn beef. Since I cut that out he is the happiest kid ever. I have to give you rave reviews for Earths Balance vegan 'butter'. It is soooo amazing and usually on sale at Meijer. It's saved my bland life. I just made my own batch of cashew milk and it is another life saver! Very creamy and not super sweet like coconut milk. Very easy to make if you're interested. I hate soy and regular almond milk. I like coconut milk but it's only great for baking, not cooking. Do you just use soy? If you do, how is it for cooking?
March 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I tried soy and that bothered her too! So I'm using almond milk instead. I don't mind it because i definitely have a sweet tooth and am really missing my chocolate! Lol. I haven't baked with it though. I think I'm going to try cutting out the beef and see if thst helps. Shes definitely been a lot better since I cut out dairy but she still has her bad days... So maybe that's it. Do you find Phillip is sensitive to anything else. Onion, green peppers and i believe tomatoes also are on Mikaelas list. Totally sucks. Lol
Marie.sThrees likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran
I don't *think* he has any other food issues. I almost thought soy too, but after cutting out beef, I think that was it all along. I miss hamburgers!!! I ate two girlscouts cookies this week and boy did I screw up little Philip. I couldn't resist. I felt SOOO bad. He still has bad diaper rash. The dark chocolate almond milk is really tasty. Is that the kind you buy?
March 7th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I thought I would be sneaky and eat a burger with blue cheese on it last week. Did I ever regret that. You feel so bad afterwards but at the time it is so hard to resist sometimes. I am hoping this is something that in a few months she grows out of. Not holding my breath but I can't imagine a summer with out cheeseburgers on the bbq and ice cream So far I have only bought the original and the vanilla almond milk. I think I'll have to try the chocolate next. So other than the dairy sensitivity, how is Phillip dong? He looks like such a cutie!

March 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Veteran
Philip is the BEST of my three sons. He is so laid back and happy despite all his issues. Poor kid. He is on scripts now from the Dr for his horrible itchy skin (head and face). I think that helped a LOT. My second son was EVIL straight from birth. Lol. He has terrible anxiety issues and freaks out having panic attacks. So much nicer having a happy fella again. How is Mikeala? I love all that hair she has. I wanted a baby with dark brown hair soooo much.
March 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
She's pretty great. She was super colicky for the first 3 months. It was pretty hard on me and DH but just this past week or two we have seen a great improvement. It's so nice to see her happy most of the day! She still gets super cranky in the evenings but I think that seems to be pretty typical of babies. She's also a great sleeper so I can be thankful for that too
Marie.sThrees likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search