Flying with LO

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
I'll be flying to NY with Caleb next week, and I'm wondering if anybody has any tips for me. It's only 2 short flights, and I know the connecting airport well, but I'm a little nervous about some of the little things.

I don't yet feel comfortable NIP, let alone on a crowded plane (I know, I know, I just need to get over it), so what do you think the easiest way to heat up a bottle of EBM on the plane will be? Do they make thermoses or battery bottle warmers or something? I'm hoping to find a quiet place to nurse him in between flights so I won't have to worry about it on the plane, but I want to be ready just in case.

I'll be bringing the stroller so I don't have to carry him and our luggage, but I'm trying to think of how to open the darn thing without putting him on the nasty airport floor. I thought about bringing my sling, but my sling is kind of bulky and seems like it'd take up a bunch of room just for this purpose. Any thoughts? Maybe I should start practicing now, lol.

Any tips on keeping his hears from hurting, besides sucking? (I'll be trying the bottle and have the pacifier ready, and he always has his thumb ready for action) I've been trying to keep his stuffiness under control, but with his allergies, I have a feeling he'll still be a little stuffy and therefore not happy with his ears popping.
Due with #2 on July 10

March 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd love pointers too! We will be flying in June. I'm nervous about the pressure.

March 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont car seats get used onthe plane that you could put in the strollar. Then he would be off the floor. Other then that i would just say bring a blanket just for the floor. Sorry not much help since i have never flown. Good luck

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

March 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My biggest advice is to stay relaxed, they can sense when you're upset. Also, get there early so you don't have to rush. If you need to heat a bottle just ask for a cup of hot water. Its always easy to find in the airport and on the plane.

You could wear Caleb and then check the stroller, not sure if you're comfortable with that or not.

Hope this helps!

Little brother!
March 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
I thought about wearing him, but he gets so heavy. I guess if all else fails I can just ask somebody to open up the stroller for me. Surely somebody nearby will see me trying to juggle and offer to help. I'm trying to get Caleb to take a bottle at room temperature, but he's so picky I didn't think to ask for hot water. I guess they'd have to have a way to get hot water if they offer hot tea.
Due with #2 on July 10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search