Car seats?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
It's not going to be too much longer before I'm going to have to retire Cam's car seat. It's the kind that pops out and is a carrier. She's just getting too heavy and long for it. I about throw my back out everytime I try to hoist that thing in the car. What are you ladies using and/or planning to use as baby gets bigger? I need to start saving up so thought I would research.

Also, if any of you been there mom's have recommendations for the best car seat for a LARGE toddler, I'm all ears. I'm pretty sure Akadia has hers maxed out now and I'm going to be looking for a new one for her too. She's almost 4 feet tall and only 2 1/2. :/

March 7th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran
I've been looking at the Diono's. I like the way they are built.
March 7th, 2013, 07:32 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're using an infant carseat for logan, he's 17.5 lbs but it doesn't bother me to carry him in it. It's easier to have him in it when I'm out by myself with all three kids. I'm hoping the myride we have will fit in between the girls radians.otherwise we will need a third radian since we need to do 3 across.

Maybe a radian for akadia? Although Carly just moved to the top strap slot, so I don't know how much room akadia would have in it. I think I've heard the britax frontier has higher strap slots.

March 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
We have a Britax Marathon. It was sort of a pain at first getting her in and out of it and she was so small, but it's better now. I only wanted to get one to last until a booster seat because it's cheaper that way.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 7th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean is still in his infant car seat and will be for a while yet. I'm guessing he's about 17lbs but I've been getting adjusted to how heavy he is as he grows so it doesn't really bother me. I hook my arm through the handle and carry it like a pocket book so maybe that's partly why?

I'm planning to either get the Diono Radian or Britax Marathon.

March 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Veteran
We have the Evenflo Triumph 65. I got a fantastic deal on it...Brand new $40. And its a perfect fit for my car in all positions. Alot of the other convertibles don't fit in the rear facing position according to the Nissan website.
March 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm waiting until William is sitting up and then we are switching the carrier out for the Radian RXT. We need 3 across and radians are skinny, so that's why we are going with that. Plus, it converts to a booster, has a high RF limit and is a 10 year seat.

Amber, have you looked at the Britax Frontier? Measure her in the sitting position from bottom to shoulder and post on car-seat.org. They'll be able to help you find a seat that will keep her harnessed!!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Veteran
Madisyn is still in her infant seat and I'll keep her in that for awhile. Like Belita, "I hook my arm through the handle and carry it like a pocket book". So the weight doesn't bother me at all. I find it much easier using the infant carrier, especially since she falls asleep as soon as we get in the car, and I would hate to have to wake her up everytime we go out taking her out of a "regular" car seat. It's so much more convient to just snap it out and snap it back in, as she will sleep through the entire process.... I'm guessing she's around 14 lbs right now, but I'll keep her in it as long as i can until she outgrows it.. The weight limit on ours is 30 lbs, but I'll probably try and keep her in it until she's around 11 or 12 months....
March 10th, 2013, 09:08 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will still be using the Snugride for awhile as I like carrying her around in it or attaching it to the stroller. When we are done with it, we have the MyRide 65. I'd check out the Nautilus for Akadia--you can't beat it for value for money!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search