Out and about with Baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I think one thing I have learned from looking at these DITL's is that I am a certifiable homebody! I can't think of anything worse than having to pack up the kids and go somewhere. I'm just so lazy! I'm pretty stuck on Monday's and Friday's since I work from home, but I'd like to try to get out a little more once things warm up. What kind of out of the home activities with baby are you ladies involved with or plan to be involved with? I think a few people have mentioned maybe doing baby swim lessons and I know Robyn does Gymboree? Any one do any mommy groups/meet ups? I could really use a little more social interaction with other moms.

March 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I haven't done any meet up yet. A movie theater around does bring your baby matinee the first Tues of the month, I think I will go in April. I also plan to sign him up for swim lessons when he's old enough, well he's old enough now but wasn't when the classes started for this session.
March 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't do anything specifically for Logan. We have to leave the house tues-Friday for Carly's preschool to drop her off and pick her up. I'm planning on swimming lessons for the girls starting next week. He just tags along wherever we go.

I don't do much in the winter. In the summer we mostly just hang outside, go to the park, and the zoo we have a membership to.

I'm not big on scheduled activities right now because I am awful about getting places on time with three little kids to get ready.

March 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Aside from errands, we have a weekly park day where we meet up with other homeschooling families. This is a huge group, well over 20 families. When the weather is nice the park days are crazy, but there are lots of other moms and kids! We have Girl Scouts, Earth Scouts, field trips, museum memberships, play dates, and visits with family too. Still with all of that, I feel like we spend too much time in front of screens and wish we spent more time outdoors.

I'm also an introvert, so I much prefer staying home. Going out totally exhausts me, but being stuck in the house can do that too. So I'm always trying to find a balance.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup! We do Gymboree. I am a homebody, too, and it does take a lot of effort, but since I stay at home I know that I need to get out to get some interaction for myself and expose Sean to other children.

I've done some meetups from meetup.com and plan to sign Sean up for Music Together classes. We did a free class back in February and it was wonderful! I want to do baby swimming lessons with him, too. Around here they are for babies 6 months and up, so I'll sign him up in the summer.

I make an effort to get out of the house at least 3 days a week.

March 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
I try to get out of the house at least once a day...either with baby or by myself. I get a little nuts when I'm stuck in the house all day by myself. The only thing that stinks is that DH & I only have one reliable car, so when he needs it for work I'm stuck. I'm hoping to join a couple mommy groups now that the weather is warming and flu season is ending.
March 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm seriously going nuts right now, and need to get out of the house. I work 2 days a week, so that helps (even thought juggling her at the office is exhausting), but the rest of the week, I'm pretty home bound. We only have one car, so unless I make arrangements to get my stepdad's car, I'm stuck. It'll be better so, since the weather is warming up, and we can get out and walk, but it's been really bad the past few weeks.

I plan on doing swim lessons with her this summer, but haven't really looked into much else.

So, Robyn... what goes on at Gymboree? We have one about a 1/2 hour from here, but I don't know anything about it.

March 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
group wise we do LLL once a month and the librarys baby storytime once a week story time is really just songs with motions and bubbles till he gets in the older group

when he gets walking there is a baby gymnastics for like $5 a class thats suposed to be pretty fun its once a week so ill most likly try that to

and once he gets 2 or 3 the hardware store does weekly crafts that I allready want to take him to last week they made wooden race cars i was jelouse

March 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Veteran
I've been a home body pretty much all winter to. When DH is home, we usually leave to go out to lunch or dinner and run some errands with M... When I get cabin fever when I'm home myself usually I pack up M and we hit target-lol or something of the sort... I don't do any meet up groups but would like to do Mommy and me. I am also planning on signing M up for swim lessons around may ish since they are for 6 months and up here. I also plan on doing the baby music classes sometime in the future.... Since I've been working from home 4 days a week since my leave ended, I haven't been leaving the house very much... Can't wait until it warms up so we can do more...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search