Random Chit Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
What's up ladies? I'm sitting here at the office putting off some editing work on the company newsletter(I hate editing). Just polished off my first cup of coffee and have a session scheduled at the gym in a few hours with a trainer. Sadly, I have to pay someone to work out with me!

March 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
DH is really ticking me off, I'm trying to get out of the house soon to get away from him for a little. I've started a new work out dvd program and hope to find the time today to do it. I would love to be able to go back to the gym, but have no one to watch Frankie.
March 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I'm only able to get to the gym during the work day when the kids are with my mom. Once I'm at home, I have a hard time finding a moment to work out. Who's videos are you doing? I have almost everything Cathe Friederich has ever done.

March 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I have my own home gym and can't seem to use it. Everytime I have tried Tori starts crying. She only naps short 15-20 minute cat naps through out the day. I am hopin as she gets a little older she will get into a better schedule to allow me to get back in my gym. I will be feeling it on Saturday. I have to run a 5K with DH! I havn't worked out in a year and he expects me to run a 5K with him!! Dude is crazy!! Its not just a 5K either! Its an obstacle course in the mud! Lord help me!

March 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Fun Robin! And you're not alone Melanie. DH and I dropped our gym membership all together because we weren't going and it was costing us $80 a month. That $80 can go a long way somewhere else.

I've had an okay day. My mother came to visit from IL and watched Annalise this week while I was working. Now I have a couple days off before working the weekend so I'm all tired and kind of grumpy because DH got offered to go to Chile to help with Monsanto's harvest down there. Um...Chile?! Seriously. You'll already be gone all spring and summer with your own harvest here. Do you like not want to spend any time with me? Or your daughter? Ugh. He's just getting on my nerves lately and kind of being selfish. I'm ubber thankful my mom helped clean the house and finish laundry this week. At least that's not weighing on me.
March 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
I'm only able to get to the gym during the work day when the kids are with my mom. Once I'm at home, I have a hard time finding a moment to work out. Who's videos are you doing? I have almost everything Cathe Friederich has ever done.
Both our families live over an hour away, I am trying to convince John to move to York so I'm at least close to mine. I am doing Hip Hop Abs, Rachel recommended it. I just started yesterday, it's fun, I'm so much more out of shape then I realized.

Hannah- Chile? That's a bit far, I was stressing about John wanting to go to Oregon for a week at the end of April and thats just a week. I don't know how I'd handle a month. Is he going? Or don't know yet? I'm actually kind of hoping John decides to go for that week, he's getting on my nerves. John has been thinking he shouldn't have to do any changing or feedings with Frankie in the evening because he worked all day, he complains when he has to take him so I can cook or clean. Ugh, men.
March 7th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Guess it's the week for crappy husbands. Mine was a prick last night and I haven't spoken to him since. He came in to ask what I was doing and I said making a grocery list. This reminded me that I forgot to pick up my iron pills and he asked me why I didn't go get them. I started to list the reasons and he made out like the real reason is that I just didn't go. Then shot off some snark about taking responsibility for my own decisions. Jerk.

I wish I had time to exercise, but perhaps I shouldn't be thinking that it's all of the daily grind that keep me from it. Perhaps I'm just screwing around with my time and then blaming it on everyone else. Gah..

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yes, Melanie. As in South America. :/ No word on it yet. My DH is the type of person once he gets something in his head he obsesses about it. So the fact that he hasn't heard back is making him all mopey and pissy. Not my problem but I seem to be the brunt of it.

Part of me wishes he would go because I'm sick of his excuses around the house and then the other part of me wishes he wouldn't because I do need him sometimes so I can get things accomplished. And Sarah my Dh is totally in the same boat. He thinks because she's not "new" anymore he doesn't have to partake in middle of the night stuff or just expects me to get all her things ready for the sitter or bedtime. Really?! Be an active participant in your daughters life and quit being a tool. :/
March 7th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah, sounds like the DH's being tools is going around! I work my butt off around the house all the time and the one night I sit down to watch some tv (last night) my DH starts whining and complaining about spending time with our 2 year old and how I'm just sitting on my butt. HELLO, I've worked from home yesterday and did laundry, took care of 2 little ones etc... And when he comes home from work, he gets all mad and moody that he can't just sit on his butt all night. He didn't even get Akadia until close to 8 because I stayed downstairs playing with her while Cam was napping. I swear he's like the husband on "Sleeping with the Enemy" minus the homicidal part. Nothing I do is ever enough. Just want to slap him silly some days. I'd gladly send him to another country for a few weeks!

Melanie - If you move to York, you'll be right down the street from me. I used to live in Millersville and Pasadena for a while before we moved up here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search