Mother's Day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rlh27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Veteran
I know it's still a ways off, but, have you considered what you want for Mother's Day? Anything special commemorating your new LO? Do you have any family traditions, like breakfast in bed, that your kids/hubby does for you? Share!
March 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran
I'm really excited for my gift already. I found this woman on etsy who makes beautiful birthstone necklaces. I emailed her about making one kinda like this ---> Bridal bridesmaid gifts jewelry Birthstone by TheFabulousJewelry with my three boys birthstones and a little bird charm stamped 'mom'. When it comes in the mail hubby is snatching it up so I can't see it till Mother's Day. Last year, I think my boy's made me a basket of goodies with candles and stuff.
March 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's so sweet, Marie. I can't wait until I have a child old enough to think about doing something on their own. (Yes I can...I don't want to rush it, but the thought makes me all gooey.)

I don't have any special traditions. I think it would be nice for me to have a day by myself to hang out with MY mom. Maybe go shopping or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my girls, but right now what I really want is some uncomplicated ME time. Then I can come home and love on my girls.

March 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
On Mother's Day our church has a special service to dedicate/ present all the babies born that year. My family is coming down for it, and we're going to have a nice lunch afterwards
MarlowesMum likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love a mani pedi with my mama. Even just flowers are a lovely gift, though

March 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I'm super excited as this will be my first Mother's Day! DH got me a nice necklace for my birthday a few weeks back that commemorates Mikaela's birth so I am not sure if he can top that! lol We usually take my Mom for a nice brunch so hopefully we will keep doing that as well. I am curious to see what my DH plans to do!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
March 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran
Ooooo I'd LOVE to have a 'me' day kid free for Mother's Day. I'm totally jealous of that! My mom is my best friend and I'd love to have a special time just the two of us. Hmmmm, maybe I should plan something like that....
Shawna, did you share a pic of your necklace? I'd love to see it if you didn't. How sweet of him.
March 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I love that necklace, Marie! I got a mother's necklace for Christmas. For Mother's Day we'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis with lots of family. Cardinals game on Saturday and the zoo on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it!

March 9th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I would like a Mother's necklace or a mothers ring.... But I'm an all inclusive kinda girl and want all 4 (mine, Ryan's, Hannah's, and Sophia's) birth stones on it... So more like a family necklace or ring I guess.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not real sure what we will do this year. probably just dinner or something simple since i have so many kids lol

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search