Products you hate!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By Nervous Newbie
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By mlc52811

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
List off a baby product you hate and why.... could be a specific brand of item, a type of lotion, a whole product category, whatever you want! I'll go, I hate pampers sensitive wipes. Can't wipe any poo off with them, just smears it. Gross!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
March 9th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Veteran
Crystal, how funny. The first thought that came to my mind was ALL generic wipes. They are like cheap dryer sheets dipped in water.

For me, I'd say the really heavy duty fleece covers that go over a baby carseat. If I used that, then I couldn't put Philip's coat on him or he'd get over heated. No way I was taking him outdoors in the snow with just clothes on. Also, it made the seatbelt straps not work right b/c it was so thick. :/
March 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Agreed, I Hate cheap wipes!!

Also hate my bottle warmer, it worked well for a week or two then the bottom kept burning. Ugh!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'm just spoiled with cloth, but I hate disposable diapers. He pees through Pampers and Luvs and has blowouts in Huggies.

I'm also not a fan of Gerber clothes. Their sizes are so weird! The 0-3 month stuff fit him when he was really little, but he quickly grew out of them. The 3-6 month stuff is too long on him but too tight in the neck, and my baby is long and lean. It's also cheaply made, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I don't hate it because I use it all the time, but the changing table on the pack n' play is poorly designed. It's not waterproof and it's a pain to get poop stains out. We cover it with a receiving blanket to help with the poop situation but it's not like that helps when he pees on it. You'd think they would have thought it through a little more.
Marie.sThrees likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate my pump...but not because it's bad. Just because I hate pumping. (Definitely the "sacrifice" part of breastfeeding for me.)

I don't much care for the Johnson's Baby Products - and particularly their baby lotion. I don't like the smell...

I hate the dropper that you use for Mylicon...it's completely pointless. A.) The dropper is opaque, so you can't see the quantity that you're trying to suck into the dropper and B.) the quantity for infants is so small there's no good way to GET such a small amount into the dropper in the first place. Stupid.

March 11th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
I hate the dropper that you use for Mylicon...it's completely pointless. A.) The dropper is opaque, so you can't see the quantity that you're trying to suck into the dropper and B.) the quantity for infants is so small there's no good way to GET such a small amount into the dropper in the first place. Stupid.
Oh jeesh, don't even get me started on that stupid doppler! I got a syringe because that doppler sucks so badly.

March 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Agree on the dropper and the Gerber clothes! Also the sleepers that have a millions snaps on them! Who has time to snap all those at 3 AM while baby is screaming and wiggling cause he is hungry, but needs a diaper change. Spent almost all day at the mall looking for zipper only sleepers.
Danielle226 likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Newbie View Post
Also the sleepers that have a millions snaps on them! Who has time to snap all those at 3 AM while baby is screaming and wiggling cause he is hungry, but needs a diaper change.
Two words: Daycare attire.
CrystalBlue likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I hate the plastic evenflo bottles.. they make her tummy hurt
March 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM
The Truth is out There
Agreeing about the snap pj's, who makes those?! (Clearly a man with no kids...) I have some super cute pj's but they are snaps all the way up.

Huggie disposable diapers- we had a blowout everyday in them. I'm so glad to be back to cloth!

Crib mattress/sheets. They are SO difficult to change.

March 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
Crib mattress/sheets. They are SO difficult to change.
Oh man, Brittany. You think THOSE are difficult? You should see the Arms Reach co-sleeper sheets! There's velcro involved, a collapsible mattress; it's like wrangling an octopus to get them on. And due to the velcro, washing/drying them is no treat either.

March 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I must be the only person in the world that prefers snaps to zippers. I like to only undo the lower part to change her diaper because with zippers, you have to undo the whole thing. plust i like the look of snaps
I haven't really found any products i totally hate yet. I am not a fan of Huggies at all, that's for sure, but I mean, I'd use them in a pinch. I mostly hate the fact that I can't find a friggin pair of leggings or tights that actually fit my long legged beauty! She's got gams.
razzlebaby27 likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Ive only used pampers sensitive wipes and haven't had much of an issue although we do go through a lot of them. Are the non sensitive wipes much better at getting the poo off?

If you think snaps are a pain, you should try the jumpers with buttons instead. SOOO ANNOYING! Why would they use tiny little buttons when they know you have to do and undo them all day long?

I really hate the carseat buckles. Not that there is anything wrong with them but I feel like I have to squish her in there to get it on snugly. I wish they came up with something that only required one pull and snap (like a roller coaster restraint)

March 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Officially hate Luvs diapers! Got a box of them at a shower so have been using them and have had him pee through onto his mattress 2 nights in a row grr. Will keep using them during the day to use them up, but no more at night.
March 13th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc52811 View Post
I must be the only person in the world that prefers snaps to zippers. I like to only undo the lower part to change her diaper because with zippers, you have to undo the whole thing. plust i like the look of snaps
I haven't really found any products i totally hate yet. I am not a fan of Huggies at all, that's for sure, but I mean, I'd use them in a pinch. I mostly hate the fact that I can't find a friggin pair of leggings or tights that actually fit my long legged beauty! She's got gams.
I prefer snaps too! I only have to unsnap 3, and I like not having to unzip the whole thing. When rezipping, he tends to get very squirmy so I have to practically pin him down to get the zipper past the diaper area. With the snaps, it doesn't matter if he's squirmy. Plus, if I'm super lazy, I just put his feet back in and don't resnap. I figure his chest is still covered and I put him in a swaddle blanket anyways, so he's still warm and cozy without the diaper area resnapped.

March 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate the bouncy seat. She loves it, but the stupid thing is already starting to sag.

Daffney

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search