suggestions......?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Veteran
my son loves loves loves food. hes a very solid little boy. a lot of the time when his food is gone he fusses for more, i can not eat in front of him unless i share or give him something or he will throw a fit so i have to hide. he eats plenty! breakfast he gets six oz of milk one egg half a banana and sometimes half a piece of bread and will eat it all. lunch he gets half a sandwich some avocado and try to squeeze in a fruit and dinner usually just what we have. he still breast feeds and drinks water all day and gets a snack in between meals so he is not hungry. i have never seen a baby this obsessed over food. he has also mauled other kids who had food trying to get to their food. any advice on how to get him to not think about his taste buds all the time.
March 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Wow, that's a tough one. Robby also loves to eat and he will "beg" (for lack of a better term) if we eat in front of him, too, lol. I probably wouldn't worry about it too much if the pediatrician hasn't said anything to you; he'll likely outgrow it. I know there are times when Robby eats more than I would think would possibly fit in his belly (it's usually a growth spurt), and other times when he isn't really interested in anything I offer him. It sounds like Zaiden is eating healthy food, so I wouldn't discourage him from trying new things and learning to enjoy all kinds of different foods! He'll develop other interests in time. When he gets bigger, you can all be active together and it'll burn off all the extra calories; for now, he's got lovable chub.

March 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter Rose, too! If you are eating, she must also be eating even if she just ate! She's long and thin so I have no idea where it goes. she is pretty active at sometimes. Maybe just burning it off quick?

I sometimes have to put her in her highchair just so her sister can eat in peace!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
March 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Veteran
im glad my son isnt the only one! i mean he does have an obsession with food and i will probably talk with the pediatrician about it.
March 13th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Katara is the same she loves to eat and has to eat when anyone else is eating but she is tall and thin so I'm ok with it
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

March 13th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran
yea i mean i would feel better if he wasnt getting so chunky. he throws fits if i say no and he always points to the kitchen he does not have a full button. food is the only thing that gets him upset

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search