How is baby sleeping?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Mommy to 1 ♥
How are all the babies sleeping these days? Going through the night? Waking up once? Twice?

Calla is a terrible sleeper unfortunately. We made the mistake of letting her sleep in her swing the first 12 weeks and we've had a horrible time trying to make her comfortable in the crib. At her 4 month check up, the Doctor suggested some rice cereal around 7pm then a bottle of formula right before bedtime. I was really hesitant, but she's been sleeping for 6hrs straight, nurses once, then sleeps for another 4 after that. We tried just breast milk again instead of formula before bedtime last night and she only slept for 3 hrs, uggggghh. Looks like we're sticking with 1 bottle of formula each night until she gets in a better sleep pattern.
March 14th, 2013, 01:04 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan is still sleeping in his swing, and halfway through the night ends up in bed with us. He's been waking up every 2-3 hours for a few weeks, he was going 3-4 hours before that.

Eventually I'll move him to his crib but I'm in no rush, I'd rather not have to go all the way to his room every two hours. I just nurse him laying down in bed and I sleep while he eats.

March 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Veteran
Arianna sleeps from 8-10, nurses about 25 min then crashes back out til around 6, then will sleep til about 8/830
March 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
William was getting up 2 times a night and then we went through some sort of sleep regression where he was up every 1.5-2 hours and now we're a little better with a 4-5 hour stretch, but now he's cluster feeding in the early morning hours. I'm just trying to ride it out and keep up with our sleep routine and hopefully he'll straighten back out to longer sleeping

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Frankie is a pretty good sleeper. He goes to bed around 8or 9, we wake him at 11 to eat, then he'll sleep till 6:30 or 7 straight through.

March 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Veteran
Christie was sleeping from midnight till 7-7:30 but about a week ago she started waking up once to eat. She is going down earlier most nights so I don't really mind getting up once.
March 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Norah is an awesome sleeper! She's usually ready to sleep between 10-11 and she's pretty much out all night. I mean she wakes up to nurse, but once we are situated again, we are both back out. She wakes up between 9-10am. It's fantastic.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cambria has pretty much been sleeping through the night since about 3 weeks old. She doesn't even get up to eat. My toddler still doesn't sleep through the night at almost 3 years old. I pray every night that Cam doesn't regress! I need at least 1 easy kid!

March 15th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Veteran
Nixon wakes up every 3-4 hours. we co sleep tho so that may be the issue for us

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For two weeks now, Ellie has gone to sleep around 9. Sometimes, she'll wake up around 11 for a bottle, but not always, then she sleeps until 5 or 6, has another bottle, and goes back to sleep until 7 or 8. I'm LOVING it!

March 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Due to breastfeeding, Broderick is up at least two times a night. However, he sleeps in his crib without any issues.

March 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Emma goes to sleep around 11 or 12 and the odd thing is that she wakes up in the morning at all different times. LOL Sometimes early at 6 or 7, then sometimes as late as 10 a.m. Once in awhile she will wake up in the middle of the night for a feed. She has done better once we started cereal for the most part.
I wish I could sleep threw the night tho. I am always checking on her. She still sleeps in her bassinet next to my side of the bed,so that helps. It would be great to get some "real" sleep tho ......whatever that is !
March 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I say this with love, but I hate all of you with good sleepers None of mine have been great. And William is one that I don't rock to sleep, put him down awake and he goes to sleep on his own. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I have done wrong to get horrible sleepers :/ I'm so tired of being up so much! At least I can put him down in his own crib easily when he wakes up and I don't have to fight him to go back to sleep. I think that they must have fast metabolisms like me, and they just need to eat more because it's processed faster.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok you will hate me as well, but Juliet is an amazing sleeper. She goes to bed every night between 9-9:30. I change her diaper (she is usually already in Pj's by this point), I turn on her HomeMedics SoundSpa music portion, turn on the projector portion, set the timer on it for 30 minutes, lay her down with pacifier, give her the giraffe security blanket (I lay it upside down by her head, the blanket part is up further and the giraffe is by her face) kiss her goodnight and close the door. Every once in a while she will lose her pacifier and I give it back to her but otherwise she is out within minutes. She sleeps from this time till I wake her at 5:15 on weekdays, but on weekends she sleeps till about 8:30 or 9.

If anyone is looking for something to help with bedtime, the actual going down part, I highly recommend the SoundSpa! It is so nice to be able to have just music, music and projector, just projector---and to be able to set it to turn off at either 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Juliet loves it!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 18th, 2013, 05:04 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I also have a sound/music machine with projector and we love it.

For the last three nights Frankie has been sleeping for 11 hours straight through. In loving it, hoping it continues but don't think it will.

March 18th, 2013, 06:59 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Not great!!! We are defenitly seeing the sleep regression that comes with wonder week 19!! She used to go to bed between 8 and 9, wake soetime between 4 and 5 for a bottle then back to sleep until 8 or 9. Now she goes down same time. She wakes around 12:30 for a bottle then again around 4:30 for a bottle then she is up before 7. She fusses a lot through out the night too!! But usually is good if I get up and stick her paci in her mouth.

The only good thing is that she is still awesome at putting herself to sleep at bed time. All I have to do is lay her down (Even wide awake) give her her paci and blankey and she is good. Usually out in a few minutes. The most you may have to do it give her the paci back if she looses it.

March 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Addy is an AMAZING sleeper (*knock on wood*). Falls asleep around 8:30-9ish, then wakes me up around 5:40 - just in time to feed her and get ready for work .

My first daughter was not this good, so I am soooo impressed with miss Addy

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

March 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once I get her to sleep she is fine. She is sometimes very wiggly and makes it hard for me to go to sleep. She sleeps with us still. She is sometimes sleeping through the night pretty much. She sometimes wants to eat around 3-4am but she doesn't fully wake since she is in bed with me. Some nights she nurses more through the night just depends.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Genevieve is GREAT! She'll usually fall asleep in her swing around 8 or 9. We'll put her in her crib at 10 and we'll sleep at 11. She wakes up at 2 or 3 to eat and then right back to sleep until 6 or 7! She's so good I love it =]
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
March 25th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Annalise sucks! lol Generally she'll go down between 8-9p and wake around 3 in the morning nurse then go back to sleep until 7a. But, since the time change and the 4 month sleep regression crap she'll sometimes wake up 2-3 hrs at a time. Luckily last night she only woke up cause she'd crapped the bed. Otherwise the last couple nights we've gotten a good 5/6hrs straight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search