MOTW is.. RAINA

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
What magazines do you subscribe to? I do not have any subscriptions to magazines… but occasionally will purchase Cosmo every once in a while….

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? Teaching… I am currently applying for different scholarships so I can go back to school and get my degree….

Do you see any bad habits that you've passed on to Hannah? Making EVERYONE happy. I can not stand if someone is not happy. For some reason I feel that it is my job to make sure everyone is happy and if not then I need to be the one to fix it. I see this in Hannah. I wish she didn’t feel the need to take on the world and everyone else’s issues in order to please everyone. I’m still learning that you can please everyone, you just have to worry about making yourself happy. I am also a MAJOR worry wart! My Dh says I worry enough for the both of us so he never worries about anything. Hannah worries way to much. She worries about school, her friends, what she is going to eat, what she is going to wear, if someone is upset with her. I wish I could fix this, and I am trying to be better about it, if not overall at least not doing it in front of her.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2013, 11:40 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a pretty personal question, Raina. But reading over your "me in a nutshell" blurb made me wonder: At what point do you think you will talk to Hannah about her disorder?

What school are you going to be attending?

If you had $500 to spend at any online website (can you tell I love shopping?) where would it be?
March 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have anything special planned this summer trip wise?
What grade would you like to teach?
How long did you host the TTC board?
Would you ever consider adopting a boy?

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

March 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
This is a pretty personal question, Raina. But reading over your "me in a nutshell" blurb made me wonder: At what point do you think you will talk to Hannah about her disorder?
Idealistically I would wait until she is out of school. I want her to enjoy her childhood, enjoy school, and not have to worry about this disease. Of course if something comes up malignant and she has to undergo Chemo then I will let her know sooner. Or if she questions me about the dr visits then I will tell her. Lying is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I will not lie to her if she asks me. Depending on her age may depend on how much information I divulge, but I pride myself on being as honest as possible and that’s what I plan to do. Waiting until she is out of school may be unrealistic but I am just taking it one day at a time. My prayer is that God will heal her of this, and I will never have to tell her…. But all I can do is pray and have faith that some day my daughter will be healed.

What school are you going to be attending?
More than likely University of Phoenix. There I can go to school and get my degree in education 100% online within 4-5 years. This seems to be the only school I can get my teaching degree online.

If you had $500 to spend at any online website (can you tell I love shopping?) where would it be?
OOooohhhh, that’s tough…. First thing that comes to mind is Carters… can you tell I love shopping for the girls?! The next thought is hmmmm, maybe I should be selfish for a moment and get myself something at Kays, or get clothes. Or I can do all of the above on ETSY!!!! That’s it….. If I had $500 to spend online it would be ETSY! I could easily get something for everyone and myself!

Do you have anything special planned this summer trip wise?
No, With the sequester I never know if I am going to be laid off, and I am trying to go back to school…. So No, prob no trips for a while… But I would be more than willing to have friends come visit me wink, wink

What grade would you like to teach?
With my degree I would be able to teach anywhere between 1st through 8th. I keep changing my mind…. Some days I think I would really enjoy teaching 1st or 2nd grade, and then other days I think I will enjoy teaching older kids like 7th or 8th. I would really like to teach English. I’m not sure yet. I am open to any possibility, and look for guidance from the Lord on what grade level I should be in.

How long did you host the TTC board?
I don’t remember, I think it was like 3-6 months. It wasn’t long at all…. Here’s an interesting fact… I was recently looking at my profile, I joined JM on Nov 3rd of 2011, and Soph was born Nov 2nd…. Weird huh! Hosting the TTC board was amazing. I really enjoyed hosting…. I looked forward to it every day, and made some amazing friends who ended up following me to the Dec DDC…. I wouldn’t trade the friendships I have made for anything.

Would you ever consider adopting a boy?
ABSOLUTELY! I really have a heart for wanting to adopt a child. My mom was in foster care when she was a kid, and was sent from foster home to foster home cause she was an older child and no one ever wanted to adopt her. If I do adopt, I would like to adopt an older child, like my mom was. Those children need to feel the loving arms of a mother wrap around them too. Maybe one day I will have the honor of adopting a little boy and showing him that there are people who care and love him. *sigh* Someday….

March 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Caleb's Mommy!
I got my master's degree online from the university of west alabama and it was WAYYYYYY cheaper than Phoenix. I don't know if they have a bachelor's program for it though. You may also want to look at Liberty University. DH is an alum and he says they have the 2nd largest online enrollment (to Phoenix).

What is your favorite flower?

What does DH do for a living?

What color(s) are your carpets?

What is your biggest pet peeve with DH?
Due with #2 on July 10

March 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
What is your favorite flower?
Sterling Roses. They are the only rose that does not have thorns, and some times we need something perfect in a world full of thorns.

What does DH do for a living?
He is on the tech smart chat team for AT&T. Basically, reps in the technical department can instant message him with questions and he will help them or take their escalated calls. Most of the time though he gets special projects from his boss and higher up, which don’t make him feel very special and keeps him very busy. But on the bright side the higher ups know he is worth his weight in gold. I tried to tell them, but they wouldn’t listen. Silly men.

What color(s) are your carpets? A tanish brown. (I rent) If it were my own home it would prob be some weird color like a dark blue, or mauve color, or black! Prob black so it would be stain proof! Hey that’s not a bad idea… hmmmmm. Logging for future reference haha!

What is your biggest pet peeve with DH? (Y'all could prob guess at this one.....)

That intimacy is usually on the back burner. He like never thinks about it… and makes me feel like the horn dog….. I mean hey… we have only been married 3 years come next month and I still can’t stop thinking about him during the day at work…. But he like never thinks about it, which is so not like a guy (aren’t they suppose to think about sex like A L L the time?) He never initiates anything, it’s always me no matter how many times I tell him that some times a girl just wants to come home and get tossed on the bed while their man has their way with em.

Thanks for the tip Lucy.... I'll check it out

March 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to go home soon for the evening, but I just wanted to say it was a pleasure learning all about you today, Raina! Some things I knew...some things I didn't - - It's just great to be able to figure out more about these people I spend so much time with. I've told you before, but you are an amazing woman and should be so proud of the person you are both inside and outside.

P.S. I want to see pics of little Raina...dig em up for tomorrow!
March 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any Easter traditions?
And on another note some of your furnace looks like mine lol
If you could have any car you wanted what would you drive?
Do you have a fav outfit that you just feel like you look great in? Can we see pics (and i don't want to come across as a creeper i just want to know Im not the only one lol)

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

March 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Do you have any Easter traditions?
Besides the Easter bunny coming the night before Easter…. I take Hannah and go dress shopping, and her Easter dress gets laid out with her Easter basket. This year I didn’t get to do that for either of the girls cause DH mom did. It was a wonderful thought and she sent beautiful dresses, but I look forward to dress shopping every year. I didn’t say anything to her cause her heart was in the right place and they are really pretty. Hannah and I also dye Easter eggs…. But this year we are going to make chocolate Easter eggs… and see how that goes….

If you could have any car you wanted what would you drive?
Nissan Titan…. I have always loved trucks, and that one is sooo spacious…. But at last gas prices are tooo high to own a truck and Titans are expensive… but I like em.

Do you have a fav outfit that you just feel like you look great in?
I’m a jeans a nice shirt, kinda girl….. Tomorrow is Friday, and is casual day at work… so I will be wearing jeans….. I’ll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

March 29th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Sorry I'm just now getting to this thread. I love that you're going to be a teacher! I've considered someday going back to school for teaching as well. So excited for you!

Picture requests:
The first pic you have of you and DH together
A wedding pic
Baby pic of Hannah
A vacay pic

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

March 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Sorry, it's been a busy day.....

Pictures of me as a baby...

My First Birthday

Me and my biological dad.

My outfit today.... (I don't particularly feel sexy today, but this is what I wore, please ignore the toothpaste)

First picture I have of DH and I together... this was at Ryan's cousin's wedding rehearsal.... there was so much wine that well I could barely walk.... but it was a lot of fun!

Wedding pics

Pictures of Hannah as a baby

Vacay picture.... Us on our Honey moon in CO

Last edited by Wishinfor2ndblessing; March 29th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
March 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Veteran
I loved seeing all your pics and reading about YOU Raina. You are an awesome person and mama. Reading parts of your life story seriously made me teary eyed. You've been through so much and continue to be a strong pillar. Your daughters are lucky to have a mom like you!
April 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Love seeing your photos. So nice to get to know you better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search