What type of a mom are you?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nataliamw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy
With Lucy, who will soon turn 2, I just could not wait to see the next thing she would learn to do. I could not wait for her to sit up, eat solids, crawl and then walk.
With Adam, however, I am much more laid back - I feel like I already know what's ahead, kind of like a movie I have seen, so I'm not at the edge of my seat hah, so I am just enjoying the present, smelling the roses and cherishing every moment because babies grow so fast.
So what type of a parent are you? Impatiently excited or laid back?
babymama10 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty laid back about most things. I actually want time to slow down a little bit. They grow so fast!
March 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm very excited for Genevieve to learn new things! Milestones. Getting teeth or eating solids. It's all very exciting! On the other hand, I already miss how little she was when she first came home! She is growing up so fast! She'll be 5 months in a few days!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
March 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm more laid back this time around. I actually DON'T want Cam hitting too many milestones right now. With your first, you are in such a hurry for them to roll over, sit up etc... I know how much easier it is though when they are completely immobile, so I'd be happy if Cam took her sweet loving time. Akadia was walking by 10 months and I haven't had a moments peace since then!

March 22nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely laid back. I was so anxious for my first to do everything, but with my second and this time I'm in no hurry. Especially this time knowing he's my last baby. I'm enjoying every second of him being my little baby.

March 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy x 10 View Post
I'm pretty laid back about most things. I actually want time to slow down a little bit. They grow so fast!
yes yes yes! I want time to slow down. I'm very laid back. After 7 years in this parenting gig, I take things as they come and try not to rush things!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran
Even though M is my first I'm laid back about it all.... I saw how quickly my sisters kids grew, and also want time to slow down... Don't know where the last 4 months have gone already! ;(
March 22nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Super Mommy
also I feel that since this time it's a boy, he may one day grow apart from me (I imagine my daughter and I can always be close but what if my boy grows up to be this tough dude who hates mommy's kisses), so I'm taking advantage of the time now when he is so sweet and cuddly
March 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I'm way more laid back in terms of milestones, but I'm a constant worrier this time too. It's the PP anxiety getting to me. So while I want her to go slowly, I often compare her to her siblings and worry she's not doing as well. It's all in my head though.

Your son will always want those snuggles, he might just act like he doesn't. My twelve year old sometimes acts like that, but he still needs me to be sweet with him anyway.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search