No-nos

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaHarvey
  • 1 Post By Glycerin19
  • 2 Post By melaniek85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
Can you admit to doing something with the baby that you swore you'd never do or something that is let's just say looked down upon in baby books? I have to admit to feeding Adam by propping up the bottle. I am always in the room, but with DD1 being such a toddler, sometimes I just have to do that so she does not do something way more dangerous than an infant drinking from a bottle stuck on top of one of his toys for support
March 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only no-no I can really think of is that we co sleep and I guess that depends on your opinion of it.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I swore I wouldn't feed formula or do a pacifer..I've done both
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
March 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said I wouldn't co sleep, made it through two babies and held to that. Guess where Logan sleeps?! Lol, he made me break that!

March 22nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We cosleep and do the bottle prop, but the worst was we put him in the jumbo on the table. We were right there and it was just for a pic though.
nataliamw likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I use the doorway jumper. I've been using it for about a month now. I prop her up with a blanket all nice and snug and she finally got the hang of jumping herself. She's technically not supposed to be in it until she can keep her back up straight on her own, but by then she'll be practically too big (weight) to use it anymore. It's the only way I can get any cooking done.
Hopolka likes this.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I think I've done lots of "no-nos" as a FTM. But sometimes those are the only things that keep me sane. I always told myself I wasn't going to do formula or paci but I've done both. Formula was kind of out of my control and she's grown an attachment to the paci I wasn't anticipating. The biggest no-no though has been letting her be a tummy sleeper. She's been rolling from tummy to back since she was a month old and has tremendously good head control. We keep air circulating in her room and she has the paci so I guess those are my "justifications" for letting her do it. She sleeps much more soundly also. If she's even remotely lying on her back she won't sleep. period.
March 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Veteran
Owen has been sleeping on his belly since he was 7 weeks old. Big no-no but he has awesome head control & will not sleep on his back no matter what. We got the Angelcare monitor to make myself feel better, but thankfully, it's never gone off.

Also, I said we would NEVER have him sleep in our bed. On occasion though, if he won't sleep soundly after his 4-5am bottle. If I have to keep getting up, then I just put him in bed with us. This is happening less & less but still, I said I would never do it.
March 25th, 2013, 07:50 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I said I wouldn't let him "watch" TV but sometimes, I put on Nick Jr and he'll watch for a little bit and I can get some stuff done. I said I didn't want to do formula and he's now exclusively on formula. I wouldn't let him cry alone in his room, but sometimes when he doesn't stop crying for like an hour, I have to lay him down and walk away. I said I'd wait 5 months for food, he's tried a few bites on food and does really well, he's ready and I'll start him at 4 months. I said he's only sleep in our room for a month and he was there for 3 lol. I'm sure theres more, but can't think lol
Hopolka and Glycerin19 like this.
March 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniek85 View Post
I said I wouldn't let him "watch" TV but sometimes, I put on Nick Jr and he'll watch for a little bit and I can get some stuff done.
Oh yeah, that one too. It's not t.v. so much as music videos and iPad apps, but still. Screens at this age seems crazy, but she loves them and we are such a techie family that it will be impossible to keep her off of them anyway.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 26th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Mine has been put in a recalled Bumbo seat. The one without the strap . She also takes naps on the bed, has had her bottle propped on occasion (usually because I'm sitting next to her pumping), and watches tv with her sister - she loves tv.

March 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Veteran
I've slept with her on my chest(some days was the only way she would sleep after 4 am) and have fallen asleep while feeding her in bed with me ... I've propped the bottle a few times in car while I was sitting next to her in the backseat while DH was driving and was the only thing to prevent her from screaming at the top of her lungs)...... I've left her in her infant carrier on numerous occasions if we come home and she's sleeping so I don't have to wake her to move her though the night until she wakes for a feeding.....
March 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I propped Juliet up in the boppy the day we got home from the hospital-- according to the tag I shouldn't have done that till much later. Also let her sleep in it, which is apparently a no-no too. Put her in her Einstein jumper before 4 months. She has slept with a giraffe security blanket pretty much since about 1 month old- I put the animal part by her face and the blanket part up above her head. Until she learned to move it, the blanket was no where near her face- once she learned how to move the blanket I figured if she can put it there she can move it. She falls to sleep by pulling the blanket part over her face most days.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Mine has been put in a recalled Bumbo seat. The one without the strap . She also takes naps on the bed, has had her bottle propped on occasion (usually because I'm sitting next to her pumping), and watches tv with her sister - she loves tv.
I've also been using the bumbo without the strap. Well, not anymore, he can get out of it. I've also put the bumbo on the counter, while preparing dinner and was stand right in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brandy- View Post
I propped Juliet up in the boppy the day we got home from the hospital-- according to the tag I shouldn't have done that till much later. Also let her sleep in it, which is apparently a no-no too. Put her in her Einstein jumper before 4 months. She has slept with a giraffe security blanket pretty much since about 1 month old- I put the animal part by her face and the blanket part up above her head. Until she learned to move it, the blanket was no where near her face- once she learned how to move the blanket I figured if she can put it there she can move it. She falls to sleep by pulling the blanket part over her face most days.
I've propped Frankie up on the boppy since he was a month old and I've been using the exersaucer for about a month or more now, I didn't know there were age recommendations on those things. Whoops, lol.

Last edited by melaniek85; March 26th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
March 31st, 2013, 04:08 AM
Veteran
I'm sure I have a huge list but here are a few:

I don't always burp her. When she falls asleep feeding I can pat her back for hours without a burp so if I get nothing in the first few moments I just put her down.
We use a drop side crib at the in-laws but it is older and solid wood and metal so it is so much sturdier than any other crib I could buy.
Bumbo - they come with straps?
March 31st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I guess i don't even know some of these no-no's lol! I have also propped her with the boppy right from the start and my bumbo does not have straps. I had mine when they did the recall and when I saw that the problem came from user error, I determined mine was fine.
April 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
We cosleep too. I was doing in the beginning with breastfeeding but I stopped making milk two weeks ago and she is still with me My DH works nights, and I like having someone to cuddle with anyway.

We also used the boppy to prop her up since she was little.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. She has a paci and is on formula, but to me those things aren't nonos

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search