Anybody introduced solids yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KatherineD

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I tried giving Genevieve oatmeal this morning with spoon. She looked at me like I had two heads, and she wouldn't drink it from the bottle either! I guess we're not ready yet haha.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
March 22nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Nope not yet. Holding off until 6 months unless she shows signs before then.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
He's had a few bites here and there of homemade applesauce. Just itty bitty amount in a spoon the see what his reaction was. He loved it. I might start next week with solids, gonna wait till his appt to ask his dr.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. I had said I'd consider it when he turned 5 months, but that's only 2.5 weeks away now and I don't think we will be starting that soon. I'm thinking 6 months now, so another 1.5 months. Unless he all of a sudden becomes ready.

March 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
i was going to wait 6 months but she'll 5 months on Easter
]
March 22nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Yeah, Emma is almost five months and she has been eating for a couple of weeks. She has been so hungry on just her milk. So we started rice cereal and a week later applesauce and then another week later bananas. So far she likes everything and no allergies. Rice cereal is her favorite. She's a pro, does not even need a bib. LOL
March 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Veteran
I'm going to wait until closer to 6 months... Doc agrees to...
March 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Nope. We're waiting until 6 months. Not in any rush, lol! And I'm not sure I read that right, but did you put it in her bottle? I'd be careful with that, you're really not supposed to put food in a bottle, it's considered a choking hazard!
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
I put it in her bottle and tried giving it to her but she didn't take it. I read later that day that I wasn't supposed to, so I won't be doing that again. I thought it was ok, because of the stories I've heard from my parents and grand parents. I know now that it's not ok and won't be doing it again.

She is not ready for foods. I tried pears, and it just fell out of her mouth. So she's not swallowing yet. I'll wait a few more weeks before trying again.
]
March 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've let Ellie lick some banana and some avocado off my finger, but that's it. She seemed unsure of the banana, but LOVED the avocado! She ended up with 3 "finger fulls" of it. I'll consider starting her in a month, when she's 5 months... it'll just depend on if she seems ready.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. I'll wait until she is around 6 mos, I'm not in a hurry. If she starts acting like she wants food sooner we'll give it a try. And if she's not ready at 6 mos, I'm ok to wait longer.
March 23rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll wait until at least 6 months. I'm in noooo rush!

March 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
LindsayGriff
We have started. He has had green beans, peas, bananas, rice cereal and oatmeal. He does well with all. I make my own baby food. Tonight he is going to try sweet potatoes. We are mainly sticking with the main vegetables before we start more fruits. I didn't think we would start this early but he was really starving at times and the studies actually show that starting earlier now can lead to less allergies.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
March 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yep! Annalise has had oatmeal, avocado, green beans, and today we're going to try peas. She's loved them all except the rice cereal. I didn't want to give her the processed stuff because I've made the rest homemade but a friend of ours had half a box and I felt like I was wasting it. Luckily she didn't like that so I ended up pitching it anyway. I wanted to wait until 5/6 months before introducing it but doc recommended it to help minor reflux and get a few extra calories since my babe is teenie tiny. She was also acting interested and actually getting frustrated when she saw us eating and she wasn't included. I think in her own time she'll figure it out. My SIL tried food with her 5 month old and she wanted nothing to do with it. She'll be 6 months shortly and I think they're going to try again soon. No rush. If she doesn't want it now just try again later
March 27th, 2013, 08:21 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Juliet started Oatmeal cereal last week- she gets it once a day and is only eating about 1-1/2 tbsp. She prefers it thicker than thinner, but I still thin it enough that I feel comfortable with her swallowing it.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
My ped has been pushing me to start as of 4 months, but I don't plan on doing anything until 6 months.

March 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have started oatmeal cereal. She was just so hungry before we did. I'll be starting other solids in a few weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search