Here comes Peter Cotton Tail....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hopping down the bunny trail...

Anyone have plans for Easter? I feel bad because we have NOTHING planned. Last year, we took Akadia on an egg hunt (which she LOVED) and went to church and dinner with my parents. This year, my sister left her church so no egg hunt there, my dad's knee just got operated on, so they aren't going to church or doing dinner. DH and I gave up on church in the winter when everyone was dropping like flies from the flu and I didn't want the girls in the nursery. So not sure what we will do. I'm thinking I will at least decorate some eggs with Akadia and I might do our own private egg hunt in the back yard.

March 27th, 2013, 07:32 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing dinner here with my mom and her boyfriend. And I just decided this morning to do an egg hunt in our front yard since its going to be nice out. Should be a relaxing day, I hate being stressed out on holidays!

March 27th, 2013, 07:53 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Easter is not really a huge deal for us. My mom is making ham, so we will be making a trip to Pa for that. We will dye eggs and I made Frankie a basket with some toys. I can't wait till he's old enough to actually dye eggs and do an easter egg hunt.
March 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Planning on dying eggs with DS the night before and church that morning. We'll go eat somewhere for lunch and let him hunt for eggs afterwards. We live pretty far from most family, so nothing huge.

March 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Dying eggs and Dinner. Thats about all we do every year.
March 29th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
If we do anything this year it's going to have to be quite late. I've got nothing and I really wouldn't mind just skipping it anyway. The lady who cut our hair today was asking my daughter if she had plans and I wanted her to stop talking about it so badly! My daughter wants to do a scavenger hunt, but I have no time to plan that.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

March 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're at the point with my mom where it's any time now (she's had her last rites) so all of our plans are tentative. I have an Easter basket for Sean. tomorrow we're taking Sean to the zoo then staying the night at my parents' house. Sunday we're going to lunch with DH's family then coming home. All of this depends on my mom, though.

March 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I'll be working. I think DH is taking Annalise to my MIL for church and dinner afterward. I might join the fam for games later in the evening but thats debatable since I've been sick. I really need some serious R & R.
March 30th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Veteran
We will be stopping at the in laws first, then having an early dinner with my mom and all the extended family. She usually does an egg hunt there for my sister's kids. No dying eggs this year, next year I'll start with M.....
March 30th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
In the past years DH and I dye eggs the day before Easter, then I make potato salad with the eggs in the morning + ham and all that other good stuff. To be honest I wasn't feeling up to doing that this year but I had a change of heart. I've had really bad insomnia lately so boiling and coloring a few eggs should keep me semi-busy.

I hope everyone has a relaxing day tomorrow with their loved ones, Happy Easter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search