April Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Let's see if we can keep this going all month.

Hi! Who is out there today? I'm working from home today and both kiddos are still asleep. Need to get some coffee but that Keurig is sooo loud.

April 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm here. Frankie is a grump. We are going through some sleep regression and I only got about 4 hours. I need some stronger coffee but I'm way too tired to go out of the house for some.

April 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just got back from taking Sofia to her preschool evaluation. They think she has a speech delay, but she doesn't she's just shy. Oh well I'll take free preschool lol

Ad I'm taking Logan to get a vaccine in a little while, he's going to be grouchy tonight.

April 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
Akadia has an eval next week but I'm considering cancelling it because her therapist has already said she will not qualify for anything.

April 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I wouldn't turn down free preschool either, Ashley!

Sean didn't really nap yesterday and woke up at 5:30am. He's one tired baby today catching up from that! He woke up at 11am and was ready for a nap at noon!

April 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Frankie is finally napping. I feel bad because he fell asleep in the bouncy chair in the bathroom while showered. I haven't moved him, lol, he's fine and I'm watching him.

April 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Sounds like that would make a cute picture Melanie!

Cambria was on nap strike yesterday but she's been out all morning today.

So, I wonder where everyone is today? We aren't the most active forum, but we usually get more posts than what we've gotten today!

April 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah is cutting his 2 bottom teeth so we have not had the best day. I did manage to go out and buy a gun for my dh for passing his exam and becoming licensed as an electrician. He will be so surprised!
3kids3cats and babymama10 like this.

[/url

April 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I'm here. We had a late night and am still tired and groggy and its 5:30 in the evening here. the kids in the area are on spring break today but I guess everyone is gone or sleepy today too..LOL
April 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Amber- I know akadias been in speech therapy for a while now. How much does she talk? What was she doing before vs now? I really didn't think Sofia was delayed, but she just won't cooperate and talk in front of these people!

April 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Veteran
I'm here.... I just put M down for a nap since she has been pretty fussy the last few hours, and didn't take her usual long nap earlier this afternoon. I worked from today but am exhausted, didn't get home from my mom's until after 11 last night from Easter.
April 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
It's April 2nd now (well 1am in the morning here) and AF is due today, Then I wait around to start taking opks. If AF holds out until April 3rd and I get pregnant this next cycle I will have a 10 year anniversary due date.

I've had really bad insomnia lately, so bad that it has screwed up my days and nights. I'm up all night and nap during the day while DH is gone. I need to cut it out and get back on my normal sleep schedule.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Fingers crossed for this cycle Amy!!!

Ashley - Before therapy Akadia really wasn't saying anything. She would "talk" all the time but it was just a lot of nothing. No actual words. Now we can't shut her up. I don't know how much was therapy or just maturity (not that she has much of that!) but she has come a long way. Bad thing now is she repeats everything and I do mean everything so our child is quite the potty mouth. Not really bad swearing or anything because we do not do that, but she calls everything stupid and if you make her really mad she'll call you a stupid arse. I really don't know where she got that and we're trying hard to get her to stop saying that stuff. Seems like all they want to say are the words you don't want them too! She speaks in full sentences now but some people still don't understand all of what she says. Just the bad words! If she toots, she goes "Niiice! I stink!" She's really classy...

April 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I am here!! Wasn't on the computer much yesterday. Victoria was very clingy all day. Wanted to be held. So when I wasn't holding her I was trying to get laundry put away. Now I know why she was so clingy!! She woke up this morning at 3am throwing up. Threw up 3 times between 3 and 5. This morning she threw up her morning bottle within 5 minutes. Now she is pretty much sleeping off an on all morning so far. She has no fever, but is still all smiles this morning. Although you can tell from her eyes that she doesn't feel good.

Good thing my plan today was to hang out at home. I am waiting for the sheet rock guys to show up. Our roof leaked and sheet rock in the living room and dining room need replaced. Our one year warranty with the builder was up so we thought we were going to need to pay to replace it. I called the builder (because he is awesome) to ask if he could refer some one to me that was trust worthy to replace. He told me he wanted to come out and take a look at it. When he did he told me he would take care of getting it all taken care of because that shouldn't have happened! Such an awesome builder!!

April 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Fingers crossed for this cycle Amy!!!

Ashley - Before therapy Akadia really wasn't saying anything. She would "talk" all the time but it was just a lot of nothing. No actual words. Now we can't shut her up. I don't know how much was therapy or just maturity (not that she has much of that!) but she has come a long way. Bad thing now is she repeats everything and I do mean everything so our child is quite the potty mouth. Not really bad swearing or anything because we do not do that, but she calls everything stupid and if you make her really mad she'll call you a stupid arse. I really don't know where she got that and we're trying hard to get her to stop saying that stuff. Seems like all they want to say are the words you don't want them too! She speaks in full sentences now but some people still don't understand all of what she says. Just the bad words! If she toots, she goes "Niiice! I stink!" She's really classy...
See Sofia talks in full sentences too. Oh and she has a potty mouth too, so it's not just akadia,must partly be their age! Interesting though that they told. You she won't qualify here they are acting like Sofia is so behind. I. Honestly don't know how much more she could talk, she doesn't shut up all day. They also wanted an OT eval, claiming she couldn't jump or use her fingers right. Except she does all that at home. It's either she just won't cooperate for them, or they are evaluation happy there. I should probably just keep my mouth shut and let them give her free preschool if they want, just kind of makes me mad.

April 2nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Yeah, Akadia would not jump for them with her first evaluation. She could jump on one leg at that time though and jump down the stairs so I knew she just wasn't cooperating for them. Her speech could still be better, but I think they are really picky here about qualifying them and the crazy thing is that if she doesn't qualify on this new eval next week, then they would automatically suspend her speech therapy. Without the eval, the therapy will go through July when she turns 3. I don't want to lose out on the remainder of her speech therapy since I do think it has been helping.

April 2nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Oh wow! I would definitely cancel her eval then, I wouldn't want to lose the speech therapy either. The way it works here is you can request an eval through the school at anytime, so couldn't you just request it in July after she turns three?

April 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm finally able to get on here. And as bad as it is I'm glad Garry isn't the only one with a potty mouth. F**K is his new favorite work. And at least Akadia says she stinks. Garry tells us he "Farted". He also tells on us if one of us let one go.

April 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Lol, Akadia will say that she tooted. When we are in the store, she'll just announce to everyone that Dad had to pee-pee if he goes in the bathroom. Not too bad, yet!

April 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol! kids will say whatever comes to mind! The other day we had Noah at my MIL's house and she saw Noah roll from belly to back for the first time and everyone started cheering. My BIL who is 5 says, " I can roll down a big hill, all he did was roll over!" we all bust out laughing.

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search