BF Check-in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
For you breastfeeding mamas

How are things going over all?

How often is LO nursing?

How long does each feeding last on average?

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean?
Due with #2 on July 10

Last edited by rlh27; April 1st, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
April 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How are things going over all? Great!

How often is LO nursing?
Usually about every 2-3 hours during the day and 6-8 hours over night.

How long does each feeding last on average? About 20 minutes other than her first feeding of the day sometimes goes on and off for up to an hour.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? No idea yet.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

April 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
For you breastfeeding mamas

How are things going over all?
Things are going great! We haven't had any real issues in awhile.
How often is LO nursing?
Emmalyn nurses probably every 2-3 hours, sometimes more sometimes less.
How long does each feeding last on average?
Most feedings last about 20-30 minutes.
Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean?
We likely won't wean until Emmalyn decides she is done. I don't mind nursing through the next pregnancy so if she keeps nursing once AF is back and we TTC and all that she is welcome to.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
How are things going over all? Great

How often is LO nursing? Still every 2-3 hours during the day. 6-11 hours depending on the night. Lol

How long does each feeding last on average? I don't really keep track but I'd say about 20 mins

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? Before I go back to work in Dec

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
April 2nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are things going over all? Things are going well!

How often is LO nursing? It changes... every 1-3 hours during the day. She likes her food.

How long does each feeding last on average? Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. I'd say the most average time is ten minutes or so before she passes out, but sometimes she'll suckle in her sleep forever. ouch. haha

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? I want to let her nurse as long as she needs, but I think I might intervene around 14 months if she hasn't stopped already. We are going to be TTC in August '14 and the selfish part of me would like just a few months for my body to go back to 'normal' before going through boob craziness again. Haha seeing that typed out makes me feel like a jerk

April 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Veteran

How are things going over all? Fantastic! My DS2 had lots of issues until about 5 mths.

How often is LO nursing? He nurses about every 2-3 hours during the day. Through the night he's been waking up twice.

How long does each feeding last on average? He nurses usually on just one side for about 5 mins. He's a barracuda!

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? Oh I don't wanna think about it! Lol. My DS2 nursed until 2yo! Mostly just at night, but still, I would have loved to wean him at 1. Impossible for me to do. Oy!

Last edited by Marie.sThrees; April 2nd, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
How are things going over all? I think we've finally gotten the hang of it. Haven't had thrush or a blocked duct in a while (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself)

How often is LO nursing? He's also doing every 2-3 hours during the day

How long does each feeding last on average? about 20-30 minutes on average. He likes to comfort nurse during his evening feeding, so that one goes on for a while

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? I was originally going to wean at 6 months, but things are going well so I think I'll start at a year.
Due with #2 on July 10

April 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WTG Lucy!!! That's awesome that you're feeling so confident!

How are things going over all? Great! No problems now that she's comfortable and I'm accustomed to her high palate.

How often is LO nursing?When I’m at home, she’s nursing every 2-3 hours. During the night she usually goes 5-8 hours in the first stretch and then 2-3 thereafter.

How long does each feeding last on average?Oh she’s a super sucker. I’d say 5-10 minutes on average. She usually takes a bit more time in her evening feeding because that’s just as much for comfort for her than anything else, and I like her to go slow for that one.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? Well, I nursed DD1 for 15 months, although I stopped pumping at 12. I won’t rush it this time either, although I’m sure I’ll be ready to stop pumping again at one year. I’ll definitely be doing baby led weaning. (Or Weaning With Wuv…as I call it.)
April 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are things going over all? Very good, no supply issues this time!

How often is LO nursing? IDK, maybe about 10 x a day?

How long does each feeding last on average? Usually 5-10 min

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? I am planning on weaning before April 2014 (he'll be 16 months) because hubby and I are going away for a week for our 10 year anniversary.

April 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
How are things going over all? Unfortunately it has been nothing but problems since about week 6. Just writing this makes me want to cry. It all started with thrush issues...once that got cleared up my supply dropped from my period starting and never really fixed itself. The ped said she wasn't gaining enough so we have to supplement with a spit up formula. Between her reflux and the supply issues she just wasn't getting enough. I'm still trying hard as ever to nurse her as much as she will. She usually gets really tense and mad, but is doing better lately. We are using less and less bottles every day.

How often is LO nursing? I try to nurse herat every feeding for as long as she will. About every 2-3 hours. She usually wants a bottle shortly after nursing, though.

How long does each feeding last on average? For a while they would last less than 5 minutes because she just hated it. Lately I have been getting a good 15 minutes out of her though.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? Probably around a year. I wanted to do extended breast feeding but I'll be happy if I make it to 9 months.

April 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are things going over all? It's going ok now that I am pumping ALL the time. I am still having to supplement with 4-6 oz of formula a day but I am more comfortable with it now than I was at first. Sometimes I nurse for as long as she will then I give her a bottle of pumped milk if she is still hungry.

How often is LO nursing? about every 2-4 hours. At night she wakes up twice to eat. Usually around 230 and again at 5.

How long does each feeding last on average? 15-20 mins. Sometimes longer. I let her nurse as long as she want but it is usually not more than 30- 45 mins.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? I have been thinking about it but I have read that it is best for baby to have breast milk for the first year. I will at least be doing some (pumped) BM and some F until she is 1 if I don't continue to nurse.

April 16th, 2013, 11:21 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are things going over all? Going great!

How often is LO nursing? It really depends on the day!

How long does each feeding last on average? 5-10 min

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? No idea!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

April 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran
How are things going over all? Really great! Had a tough start which didn't really improve until about six weeks in, but I'm so glad I didn't give up.

How often is LO nursing? Every 2.5. - 3 hours during the day, but will go from bedtime feed at 9 pm until she wakes at around 7 am, so we are so lucky in the sleep dept!

How long does each feeding last on average? Probably about 20 minutes per side.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? My original goal was six months when things were rough, but now that its going well, I'll continue indefinitely. Would like to go at least a year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search