Coffee talk

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By mlc52811
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By burnbot

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran
I LOVE coffee! Anyone else? What's your fav brand? Do you like flavored coffee best? What kind? Have you ever used a French press? Kuerig machine? What do you put in it?

Last edited by Marie.sThrees; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Whoa! Butchered spelling job. Lol!
April 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Java java java java java!!! I love coffee but have curbed my addiction since being prego. I have a kuerig machine that I like. But i have to admit I have an addiction to Starbucks tall iced lattes with whip cream! Yum! My mom has a bosh machine that makes the best lattes hot I have found for an in home machine!

April 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I love coffee! I usually just get whatever's on sale or I have a coupon for. We have a cappuccino maker, so I make myself a vanilla latte every morning We unfortunately have no Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts around here, so I have to settle for McDonald's coffee when I go out.
April 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too!! I love my Keurig machine, which was a Xmas gift from my very thoughtful mother who assumed that with 2 kids, I needed all the time a keurig machine could buy me! Unfortunately, I also spend an ungodly amount of money on K-cups. My favorites are Green Mountain Fair Trade Select, and Green Mountain's Half Caff for evening brews.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Hello! My name is Raina, and I am a coffee aholic, and I do not plan and quitting! I love coffee! I look forward to Starbucks Eggnog Lattes every holiday season! I really enjoy using the keurig at work. Absolutely love the donut shop k cups. I'm also cheap and like the vanilla biscotti Folgers k cups. Yum!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've become a coffee snob! My favorite is a local roaster called Ghost Town's Guatemalan coffee. I just use it with my drip machine, although I'll often put a pinch of salt in with the grounds. And then I have to have my hazelnut flavored half and half! I'm not a big fan of Starbucks, except for their chai... for some reason they do chai better than anyone else and I love chai frappuccinos in the summer!
mlc52811 likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a coffee snob. I can't help it! My uncle is the roast master (yes, that's his actual title haha) at an amazing local company called Beansmith. Best coffee I've ever had. I drink it black about 99% of the time, but sometimes I'll add a little splash of cream. Never sugar, though. For some reason it just doesn't taste right to me. I'm not a big fan of sweet coffee drinks. I think I've been to Starbucks once! haha

I use a french press or just a drip maker, but we are getting a Chemex and I'm interested to see if I like it better. I like convenience, though.

April 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran
We had the best little coffee shop in town with all varieties of coffee in barrels just waiting for you to choose. You walked in and started drooling from the aroma! Then..... it closed. Of course. My heart's been broken up since then b/c I loooove my coffee too. My fav drive through coffee is Dunkin Donuts. Yum! I love my coffee sweet and creamy. Today coffee flavor in my pot was buttered rum. Omg good! I'm glad I'm not the only coffee addict.
April 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's something I really really miss about Colorado. We had a TON of local coffee shops. Here in Dallas, it's all Starbucks. Don't get me wrong, I love starbucks. But I do miss my little hippie coffee hang outs.

Daffney

April 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
im addicted to k cups lol...i have every kind u can think of this morning it was green mountians french toast flavored

April 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok I may get kicked out of the cool kids club here but I Hate coffee. Love coffee shops and the smell of coffee, but just have never developed a taste for coffee. 9 years of college and no coffee. Caffeine is weird to me. I took one of those 5 hour energy drink things once to stay up and study and yeah fell asleep after an hour. Energy drinks ha. I can drink in the middle of the night and fall asleep. Maybe I am a little ADD.
April 4th, 2013, 08:49 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The caffeine does nothing for me except keep the withdrawal headaches away haha!
Gripstress likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 06:36 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I forgot about our hippie coffee place. It's not that close, but DH and I used to go there all the time when we were dating. We even took our engagement pictures there. It was so run down and poorly kept, but boy do they have great coffee and tea. Mmm... I'm getting a craving just thinking about it. I think I may need to have DH take me on a date this weekend
April 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always laugh at people who profess themselves to be coffee snobs but then drink flavored stuff. (Becky... ) Although really, I'm talking about a guy I know who WEIGHS his coffee beans before brewing - but then offers me a cup of hazelnut coffee. REALLY?! You WEIGH hazelnut beans? Weirdo...

I don't mind the occasional flavored coffee, but I actually just prefer mine with a smidgeon of fat-free half and half and splenda. As the daughter of a brazilian daddy and a cajun mommy....I likes my coffee strong.
mlc52811 likes this.
April 6th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I am a coffee ADDICT. I'm a cheap junkie and I can find happiness in mostly any coffee but find starbucks to taste burnt and generally nasty. I do love it from the Target starbucks though...hmm. I drink Maxwell House regularly(like 3-6 large cups per day!). I have a regular pot, french press, Tassimo and dh has a fancy pants espresso machine. I LOVE Peet's but there is no Peets in my area so I only get it when I am in the Bay Area. I drink it with half & half or coffeemate powder and splenda. Caffeine does nothing for me....I even drink it at bedtime.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

April 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
I always laugh at people who profess themselves to be coffee snobs but then drink flavored stuff. (Becky... ) Although really, I'm talking about a guy I know who WEIGHS his coffee beans before brewing - but then offers me a cup of hazelnut coffee. REALLY?! You WEIGH hazelnut beans? Weirdo...

I don't mind the occasional flavored coffee, but I actually just prefer mine with a smidgeon of fat-free half and half and splenda. As the daughter of a brazilian daddy and a cajun mommy....I likes my coffee strong.
I will totally cop to being an unsophisticated coffee snob.

I'm fairly new to the whole coffee thing too, only been drinking it for a couple of years. So I'm a bit behind! And to be honest I really don't like how it tastes if it doesn't have some "help". But some of it I don't even like doctored so I guess that's where the snob part comes in.
Gripstress likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 09:11 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love coffee! I worked at a little hippie coffee shop around here called Truffles. I have to say that I can make some great tasting coffee these days. (IMO) I have a keurig but I prefer the regular coffee pot because I like to make more than 1 cup at a time. My favorite flavor coffee is french vanilla, but I will take what I can get when it comes to coffee.
Gripstress likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran
I like coffee, but am not an everyday drinker. When I do, I prefer a flavored coffee and usually will just make a Keurig...I have so many kcups, I'm trying to get through them and actually use them, not just buy a neat flavor when I see it! I do have Starbucks once in awhile, but prefer local coffee shops if I'm drinking it out. My husband is much more of a coffee snob than me. On the weekend, he strictly likes Jamaican Blue Mountain - he grinds up the beans and makes it in the French press. That's way too much work in my opinion ( and too expensive for coffee to boot!), so on weekdays he gets Folgers in the timer set drip machine LOL. Probably a bit of coffee shock for the poor guy on Monday mornings, but hey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search